Friday, March 23, 2012

DePere Antique Show, bicycle accident and surgery

 

This past 2 weeks I have been busy working on my business.  I set up a booth at the DePere Antique Show.  One thing about being self employed is that you are only as good as the effort you put into it.   With that said – my efforts paid off!  I had a great sale. 

With that said, this week hasn’t been so good.  My husband had a bicycle accident and broke his wrist.  He had surgery and will be at home for several weeks.  Things to be thankful for:  he wasn’t hurt more…or run over by traffic, he had a week of built up vacation time which will carry us to his long term disability insurance time, that his work carries this long term policy for employees, the surgeon didn’t have to put 2 plates in or filler bones, we winterized our garden in the fall and now I only have to rototill and not plow the garden (I am going to have to learn how to drive the tractor – it was on my leap list anyway), the weather has been so mild that we don’t have to worry about snow plowing or blowing, we will have some time to spend together – maybe rummaging and that Jesus is faithful to our needs – especially in times of need.

I hope to get caught up on my weekly cookies and posting some projects and a class I taught on needle felting soon.

Blessings from Wisconsin.

Daffodils-006

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your hubby :( Hope the healing process goes quickly. When Jesse was laid up for 12 weeks it was nice to have him around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the sale! good luck to your husband as he mends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the joys! Glad your sale was good. Hope your husband mends fast...but I bet he's on that tractor anyway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you did well at your show.. Are antiques still doing well in your area.. They are really suffering up here in Canada.. Sorry about your hubby.. I know how he feels.. I broke mine a few years ago..
    Don't work too hard, Jackie..
    Blessings sweet friend..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacky, I'm so glad you're having success with your business! But I'm sorry about the hubs! Yes, Jesus is faithful, especially in the tough times! Praying his wrist will heal quickly and that he'll be able to do things to help, without hurting himself. Been missing your menu posts! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I hope Al is healing well, and am thankful that he has disability insurance. I hope you are enjoying having him around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's accident, but I love your attitude.
    Have a blessed day!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s great to know that aside from your husband’s recovery, everything about his medical expenses was well taken care of. With the increased rate of bicycling accidents, some insurance companies fail to act upon every claim application. Glad you were spared. Best wishes, in case you participate in antique shows again! :)

    Penelope Worrall

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you, Penelope! During accidents like this, you will certainly appreciate the idea of having insurance. You won’t have to worry about all the medical expenses as your insurance policy will pay for it. What you need to do is file your claim application, following all the necessary procedures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My father also had surgery after a car accident, and I didn't have any problem when filing his insurance claim because our lawyer helped me in the process. He made sure that my dad will certainly get the right claim that he deserved. Now, my father is recovering and everything is in place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel sorry for the injury your husband had sustained. We all know the importance of our hands/wrist, and I’m sure your husband was frustrated that he can’t do his usual work for quite some time. And thanks to the insurance, the expenses are all covered! By the way, what or who caused the bicycle accident? It’s been months already and I hope that your husband has fully recovered already.

    -Tracy Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even if your husband was in a bicycle accident, still, there are things that he should be grateful for. ;) When I got into an accident last year, that was really the time I started to value life. I mean, I am really thankful that I survived from that accident. From then on, I always take driving seriously, making sure that I’m responsible when I’m on the road.

    ReplyDelete