Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snow Day

Living in Wisconsin, you grow up loving "snow days."  I can remember waiting anxiously to hear if our school would be closed.  It seemed like when I was little, we had a couple of "snow days" a year.  Of course, I didn't think about all of the extra work it was for my dad to shovel and keep our wood stove "fired" up.  On snow days all the neighbor kids would get together and either go iceskating or sledding. 

Well, Saturday, 12/11/10, we had a snow day.  It was Saturday, however, we did have places we had to be and it was really nice not to have to go!  So, the girls and I made gingerbread houses.  I have always wanted to do this, but never have.  In anticipation of the storm, Anna and I went grocery shopping Friday after school.  Anna saw a gingerbread kit and wanted to make one.  So we bought all the "extras" to decorate our houses with and made a "snow day" plan.

We had ALOT of fun.  I made a little farm house, Justine made a school house and Anna made a candy cottage.  As soon as I figure out how to put a picture on here.....I will post them too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment