Monday, January 3, 2022

I Will Monday - Routines

Secrets out, cat's out of the bag, can't fake it anymore.....I am a procrastinator and am in need of MUCH motivation myself!

"I Will" will replace "Motivational Monday" posts.

Keeping in theme with my "2022 Do It for You"

No more "I wish" rather "I will"

A few weeks back, I asked some of my friends, "what is something you do every day as a routine?"  I knew I was going to write this blog post today, for the first "I Will Monday."

There were a wide variety of answers that I tried to pool together in "like" groups.  (walking, stretching, running - all exercise)

Here were the top 10:

1.  Coffee

2.  Bible

3.  Exercise/drink water

4.  Pray/meditate

5.  Clean/pickup/laundry

6.  Hygene

7.  Read/educational time 

8.  Journal

9.  Scroll social media

10.  Pet time/relax

I did expect some of these as the most popular, but what really surprised me was "hygene" who doesn't do this?  Then I started looking at people while I was out and about, I never noticed these things before.   Even thinking about myself, how some days I wear a comfortable outfit, sleep in it, slap my bra back on and wear it again the next day....hygene....yes, it should be part of a daily routine.  After the past "twight zone week" between Christmas and New Year, yes, I get it!    

With many of my New Year's Resolution, I usually start out stong in January and by February, I've "petered out."  Then, I feel sad, bad or even mad at myself.  So, this year, I'm not going to make any.  Rather, "I will" work on a routine in hopes that it will become a habit.  My track record at any of this is mediocre at best.  So, it will be tough.  I plan to incorporate these top 10 favorites into my day.  

I often have said, "I wish I had more time to..."  Well, you know what, we actually do have the time to do the things that are important, when we take a hard look at what we are actually wasting time on.  I figured something out...it's not good...  Did you know under settings of your phone, you can look at screen time?  Not only the time, but what you've looked at, even sorted by site and theme?  It's pretty eye opening!   I was so mad at myself to know I spent 2h 28m on YouTube.  Sure, I was watching others do things to "learn" how to do them (that's my story anyway). But in 2h 28m I could have done it!  Often times, that...watching others do...makes me feel inadequate. 

So, please join me in kicking Motivational Monday to the curb and incorporating "I Will Monday"  

I've crossed off one "I wish" already....I cleaned out my pantry.



"I wish I knew what was in there" ahahah to "I will cook something using what I have."

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


6 comments:

  1. I have never done the fall into be with what I had on all day unless I was sick. I have this whole thing in my head about keeping the bed clean from outside germs. Probably just me. Cleaning out the pantry I did that at the beginning of covid and was shocked to find things I didn't know I had. same with the little medicine cabinet in the half bath. I threw out an entire bag of expired over the counter things. It felt good!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I bet that did feel good. Just dumping out or feeding the expired to my chickens teehee felt good!

      Delete
  2. Well, welcome to the procrastinators' club....I'm a charter member LOL. Your pantry looks great...an that's quite an accomplishment for only 3 days into the new year. (And you definitely eat a lot healthier than me....) ;-) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you can be president and I'll be vice president of that club. Well, I do try to eat healthy....I was down 30 pounds on Noom...but, sadly some of that has reappeared and I need to be back on program - out with the junk food.

      Delete
  3. Well since I use my cell phone as my work phone, yes I am on it a lot...which is why I dont get on it at night...unless of course someone in my family calls me. Are you going to have a word of the year or just I will posts going forward? Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My word is a phrase - "Do it for you in 2022" The I Will will replace Motivational Mondays. Thanks.

      Delete