Friday, January 28, 2022

Farmhouse Friday 2022 #4 - Making the Best of It

 It's Farmhouse Friday! 

This week, my theme was "making the best of it."  "It" all started where I left last week Friday's post - on my way down to visit our daughter, Anna.  In route, Anna calls and tells me, "they cancelled the soap making class due to Covid."  Ughhh!!

So, we went to Fond Du Lac, where her husband, Jon, works, shopping for the afternoon.  We met Jon for supper.  Then Saturday we went thrifting at all of our favorites by her.  On the way home, I did NOT want to drive through Green Bay, as it was a late play off game and the traffic was going to be busy.  I took a new back road - it's my new way now.  Eventually, I do end up on the highway, but I was going west and literally caravans of vehicles going east.  What a disappointing game - poor Packers!

The rest of the week, well, it was pretty much the same - plans being changed, artic weather (one day was -35!), challenging family with an estate, messaging back and forth with a family member from that sale, the attorney's office and then the storage unit door being hit by the snow plow....I couldn't catch a break!


Here is the current state of my entryway.  Like 99% of that is sold, I wanted to meet with customers for pick ups, but it's just too cold!  Not to mention, I have my boots in the closet behind all that!  



After my "I Will Monday" - I came up with these to move me forward.


I had this happen too.  I rarely comment on stuff, I've seen awful things posted,  vile/hateful comments, but....this!  No!!  It's so annoying!  Moving on.....


Baked Oatmeal, YUM!

So, with a -22 here right now, today's plans have changed too.  So, I will be pulling sled fulls of boxes to the house today, from an estate I picked up inventory from, staging lots and getting ready for the next "Lot Drop" tomorrow for the new on line estate sale.  I wasn't planning to do this until next week, but the family on this estate too (yes, it's not all fun and games) want faster results.  I have no idea where all that will go, I guess I'll have to move these lots into the living room.  Sad thing is....I have buildings....one even has heat I could turn on....but, unfortunately, that one is full.  I must clean out, I must clean out, I must clean out....but, until that day (2022 do it for you) I'll make the best of it!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

8 comments:

  1. Sad to say we have to stop buying in order to clean out...Stop SHOPPING!!! and clean out... Well that's what I tell myself anyway... so far so good... But my storage unit is still full... LOL Thankful for my unit or everything would be in my basement... It seems like it's easier to manage in my unit over half the stuff is priced and ready to go...It's the keep piles that have me worried 77 tubs of stuff I haven't seen in years... 2022 Flea market season here I come to sell this time...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stuff in that building over 50% isn't even mine. They are 3 different estates I brought home in November and December to sell over the winter. But, I can't stop shopping....I like it! The storage unit was a different estate...busy, busy 2022!

      Delete
  2. I love the realness of you my friend. At least you are able to justify the state of things at your house because it is, after all, your job. Others of us have no excuse LOL. I soooo have to work on things here. Sigh. (Need more stuff?? 🤪 ) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you're tempting me....you have good stuff! Ahahaha

      Delete
  3. Oh no! Sounds like quite a week. What happened with the Instagram account? I haven't had that happen before. I'm lucky with my feed. Most of the people I follow are fellow photographers or crafters and I don't see a lot of rubbish on my account. I hope Instagram doesn't change that!

    Sorry that clearing out an estate has been challenging. I hope we're not going to be awkward when we get around to hiring someone. Sigh.

    At least you had a good time with your daughter. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we did have fun. I just had a friend insist on helping me with the QVC sale. I said "no, that's o.k." at first, but you know what I did need the help! I need to get better at accepting it.

      Delete
  4. Clean out is going to be my motto next Wednesday when I have to clean out my spare room. Not looking forward to it, but has to be done. So sorry to hear your soap making class did not happen. Was looking forward to seeing your creations. Maybe next time. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rescheduled it for the following Saturday and my daughter did go. Her soaps looked great! Good luck cleaning out.

      Delete