Friday, January 21, 2022

Farmhouse Friday 2022 - Week 3 - Having Fun

 Good Morning!  Its a chilly....


.... -24 here in Ringle, Wisconsin.  We are always so much colder than even our neighbors.  Our farm sits low down by a little creek.  So, there's that today.

This week flew by for me, how about you?  

I did pretty much finish posting the lots for the "storage unit" estate sale.  Between selling pieces from the unit and the 3 "lot drops" I hope to have the unit empty by next week.  If a few things don't sell, they can come back to my farm so that the family doesn't have to pay another month's rent.  



Some of the items I posted last Saturday.   I do ship, it takes me longer to get it to you, but I do.  Here is the link the the group should you ever want to see what I have available:  Town Hall Trinkets Online Estate Sales

I had fun on my "Lauren Day" my daughter had a conference she was attending, so I was over there longer.  We played "vet" pretty much all morning.  I came up with some pretty interesting ailments for her horses and other toys to have.....ahahaha.  After all that....we both needed a nap.   I know these days are numbered, as she will be going to school in the fall.  I am going to enjoy them all the more!


On the Thursdays that I can, I want to spend it "thirfting."  The picture above shows a few things I picked up yesterday.  My calendar quickly gets filled with things I "have to" do; I want to mark certain days for things I "want to" do.  Now, some of these #thriftscorethursdays, might be in my own "thrift store/pole building/shop/studio/trailer"  I bought out 2 small estates in 2020 during Covid quarantine that I have barely sorted through.


Every time I see these little chenille chicks, if they are reasonably priced, I buy them.  I remember having similar in my Easter basket as a child.  

My friend, Renee and I also went to a very cool quilt shop we go to a few times a year.  They recently built a new facility and retreat center and it was our first time going to that location Primitive Gatherings  Renee, is a quilter and her finished pieces are amazing.  She relies on my "artsy eye" to help pick out fabrics...teehee.  I love going because of the wool!  Also, the clearance and mark down area!  Good deals!   I found a stash of felting needles, on clearance, cheaper than I could have ordered them.  I have 2 classes coming up and I will need them.  

This morning I'm off to visit Anna.  We are taking a soap making class at a the Ledge View Nature Center in Chilton, Wisconsin tomorrow.  Today, I'm sure we will have fun eating and thrifting.  Funny how I said eating first....ahahah

What fun things have you been doing this week?

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun short week! Its always short when you have fun. Have fun in the soap making class. Please share what you made with us. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oye... Not being plugged into FB anymore, I always miss your sales. Boo. Going to have to go see what's left. Love those little chenille chicks! Yes, this week flew by me too....what did I do?? I wish I knew...It seems like I got very little accomplished. How I would love to go to Primitive Gatherings some day! My SIL has gone several times and had a retreat at the new center...she said it was great. Then again, probably best I don't go...I'd come home with more "projects" which is probably one of the last things I need. Enjoy your class...and, yeah...stay warm. We are in one of those "colder than everyone around us" pockets too. Brrrrr. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The retreat center looks amazing! Covid cancelled the class...boo

      Delete
  3. The soap making class sounds really fun! I love to go thrifting but there aren't too many places around here and right now I'm trying to spend as little money as I can. I'm thinking I might try to go to some garage sales when they start up. The best part is the hunt more than the buying (I think so at least).

    Glad you were able to find some bargains and have a good time.

    Have a great weekend. Please don't send that really cold weather our way - though it would be nice to be able to try out frozen bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did find some great things and over the weekend with Anna too! I saw your frozen bubbles - amazing!

      Delete