Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Some Good News - Gramma Bird

 I'm happy to announce that we have a new family member!  Our daughter and son-in-law were matched with a birth mother last fall.  It was the hardest secret I have ever had to keep.  I didn't tell anyone really other than my sister Bonnie because I wanted her to knit him a sweater set.  She would need time to knit it.  And it is adorable!  

I will honor my children's wishes and NOT be the Gramma Bird who posts pictures of their children, they do NOT want that.   As much as I like to share....I won't.  

I have been asked many questions about both of my grands and "their" adoption stories.  People ask the most intrusive questions I swear!  Anyway, I just say, "it's not my story to tell."  It isn't!  Those stories belong to Lauren and Ezra, should they want to share information about it later in life, well, that will be up to them.  

For now, just now I am thankful for "their" adoption story and every step that it took till I could walk with them too.  Each has so many people that love them - biological family too.  I hope one day to meet some of them.  Until then, I will continue to lift them up in prayer as I have for the past several years - long before there was a Lauren or Ezra.   

Ezra is an adorable, happy baby.  He is just the cutest!  He has a full head of hair, big brown eyes, and when he smiles, he lights up the room.  I can't wait until we can get into some trouble....ahaha!

I never said I wouldn't share pictures of hands and feet. 



Thank you all who have supported Anna and Jon when you purchased dish towels, lunch, baked goods, items for sale for the past 2-3 years at the events we set up.  Oh, and all the prayers!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

17 comments:

  1. So happy for Anna & Jon and Baby Ezra...And his new family... Adoption is the answer to an unplanned pregnancy...Bless the birth mom also....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new family member! We have an Ezra in our family too lol. My niece and her husband named their second child Ezra. He is such a mischievous little boy and full of smiles and laughter. Enjoy the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name Ezra and hope he is as mischievous as your great nephew.

      Delete
  3. So thrilled for all of you! Best birthday ever! Luvs and Huggies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very beautiful❤
    I am thrilled for you all AND Ezra !!!! God continues to amaze me...He has a plan and it is good❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful!!! congrats to everyone!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda and Gary LandowskiJune 7, 2022 at 12:06 PM

    We're so grateful for you and your family. Especially for Erza getting Anna for his loving, devoted Mom! We wish many blessings for all. God Bless you all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, she is doing a good mama job.

      Delete
  7. Congrats again gramma! Yes it is their story to tell. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww.... HUGE congratulations Gramma Bird!! (And Anna and Jon of course...) But, dang....I want to see that smile LOL. (Love the name too!) Truly beautiful post my friend. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, I will show you his picture when I see you...it maybe more than one picture...ahaha

      Delete
  9. Congratulations to you all. Nothing beats an addition to the family and Ezra's special story is a joy to read.

    ReplyDelete