Monday, April 22, 2019

Motivational Monday - Back to Work ReCharged

Spring Break is over....

Good Morning.  I had a fun-filled week of recharging.  Post from last week: 
 https://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2019/04/motivational-monday-5-ways-to-recharge.html

When you are excited to return to something you needed a break from...it's a good thing.

I am blessed (and cursed at times) to be self-employed.  I wasn't able to quit my 9-5 on a whim, although I wish I would have earlier.  I've said it 100 times, "I can make or break me."  I knew last week that I was on a "breaking me" point and needed to take a break.  So, with that said, on to a new week.  I don't really know how this is motivational for others, but my advice in last week's post helped me, because I followed it.  I will share how I'm moving forward in this post, using (...tips...) from last week.  

I'm going on a little "business trip" part of this week.  My friend Renee and I will be treasure hunting in parts of WI, IL and IA.  Our destination is Junk Jubilee:
  https://www.facebook.com/junkjubilee/  We've been to this event before, it's fun.  (Be Inspired)

I mentioned that I was doing some give aways on my business facebook page.  I have to tell you, this week's Pyrex, has inspired a future blog post.  I think I'm on to something here....I'll share more about it in that post.  (Change gears)

I set some dates for "Under the Tents Sales" on Tuesday evenings in June - here at the farm.  I have to clean out my shop/studio for an event here called "Cup & Coop Pop Up" on June 21 & 22.  So, instead of shuffling it to another building (what I tend to do...) I'm setting up 2 tent type sales, whatever I haul out and set up on that day, will be what I offer for sale that evening.  (Exercise your Strengths)

I have buildings full of inventory, it's shameful actually.  I will focus on me and mine in June.  I won't get to "all" of it, but I set a goal for one of my buildings.  I've also made arrangements for other estate sales - after I do mine.  (Be Mindful) 

As I (Reflect) on last week and move forward to this one, I can't help to be motivated.  We finished Nicholas Sparks, "Every Breath" - good one!  We went to Green Bay for the day and concert at Cup O Joy - uplifting!  We had a productive weekend working around the farm.   My heart was full with family time here for Easter dinner.  Yep, I'm ReCharged!  



Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  








4 comments:

  1. Cup and Coop Pop Sale. Well I read that as Cup and Coop Poop Pop Sale. LOL Sorry about that Jacky. It's been a long day. I hope you do well buying and selling! We go on our buying trip next month. Look forward to it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice...it might be poop too... chickens do that! LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh I hope you and Renee have (or are having?) a wonderful time treasure hunting! That sounds like incredible fun.... It is something I have never actually done and would so love to one day.... Yes, I’ve been to flea markets, etc., but never just gone on one long junking journey with a friend. Glad to see you’ve recharged....I can feel the sparks in your words. Looking forward to the Pyrex post. ;-) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin. (PS...hope you show us a few of your treasures you find!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful time! I was watching the latest on your YouTube channel and wondered whether you'd thought anything about giving a needle felting demonstration on there. I gave needle felting a go one time and it didn't turn out too well so thought it would be nice to see you in action! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete