Monday, April 15, 2019

Motivational Monday - 5 Ways to ReCharge

I'm coming off a pretty active week.  One filled with teaching needle felting, cleaning and marking booth inventory, "Good Samaritan ConSOUL Ministry Bible study, working at Theme (we had a snow storm!) and food, favor and game prep for a very special bride-to-be in my life.   Whew....

Now, I'm not saying all this to hear..."wow, you're so busy" - yep, I know I am - but, I like it that way.  Everyone is busy, it's just seems I do more, because I'm trying to create original content.  To do that and be "seen" you kinda have to be in "your face" with it all.   I spend plenty of time on the recliner netflixing - trust me!  Too much - but, soon I'll be in the garden.  

O.k. #truth be told.... #selfemployment has many ups and downs, really!  For the past month or so, Shannon (my helper) and I have put a tremendous amount of effort into Town Hall Trinkets, LLC - working on painting, re purposing, digging for, cleaning and marking inventory.   Not to mention that I have been on multiple appointments for estate consulting and taught several needle felting classes.  As rewarding as it is to teach and clean out a stack of tubs in my shed the "ups" of it,  for the most part, the rest was a "down."

If you are just starting in this "picking" game of resell, brace yourself for "hmmm, I'm not sure I want to sell that," or "well, I'll think about it," or even "O.k.....but, I want $1,000!"  Not that I heard any of that this week, but you get the picture.  American Picker's picks are staged....it's not like that when you actually "hit the ground running."  I've been doing this my whole life - as a business for almost 30 years - it's the good picks that string you along through all that!  

(This....

.... or this)....my girls always ReCharge me.  I was able to spend time with them together this weekend and I loved it! 


O.k. with that said, on to motivating....because, most of that wasn't.  I am at the "I want a Spring Break Week" (I told Shannon) I need to ReCharge.   First, do you say or do this?  If so, what measures or tricks do you do to accomplish your ReCharge?  Here are mine.  

Dicky Bird's 5 Ways to ReCharge:

1. Be Inspired:  I love the bloggers and vloggers I follow.  When I want to be inspired, I search out my favorites and binge watch.  I read many blogs daily.  I also seek Godly counsel in my inspiration - prayer and Bible reading.  When I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed...I know, I've lacked in this area.  2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."
:
2.  Change Gears:  So, the past 2 weeks or more, I've focused my energy on my resell business without much return.  I know I have several events coming up that I need to get inventory ready for, however, not this week.  This week, I'm switching gears.  Anyone can schlep around some junk, not everyone can create something with it.

3.  Exercise:  Not just physical, however we all know the benefits of that.  Rather, exercise your strengths.  What are you good at?  Where or what haven't I focused my strengths on.  Once you exercise your strengths, the weakness of spirit, mind and body will be ReCharged.

4.  Be Mindful:  Make plans, but set realistic goals.  Trust me I have a "mind full" of ideals - but, experience has made me "mindful" of realistic goal setting.  For me, nothing is more defeating than to over estimate my ability to complete my plans.  So, I try not to.  

5.  Reflect:  Yes, take time to go back and look at and think about some of your successful moments.  How did that happen?  What did I do differently or better to make that be successful for me?  Spend time looking at yourself and where and how you represent you and your business.

Today, as I sit here writing this post; more snow on the ground, a balmy 15 degrees outside, icy path to the barn, a defeating weekend of sales and some obligations ahead of me, I will take what part of this week I can to ReCharge.  

I would encourage you, if you are at the point of "I want a Spring break or even a break"  Take some time to ReCharge.  If you do, I'd love to hear about how you did it.  Let me know your ideals.  Thanks.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


6 comments:

  1. Nothing more important than taking care of yourself. How can one move along in life unless the body/mind is in shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know for a fact that Pickers is staged, because every time they come to our neck of the woods, our Chamber contacts us to see if we can give them some of our honey holes or know someone who wants to sell stuff they buy. Why would we give up our honey holes....its hard enough to keep up on our own inventory. We work hard, but love what we do. So glad you were able to spend time with your daughters. As always love reading your motivational Monday post. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, they actually do that to you?!? In our area, they post that they are coming and we could contact them if we want. I never do....you are right...we work hard enough for our own inventory! Thanks for saying so! That means so much to me!

      Delete
  3. Oh heavens girl....you must have been walking around in my head.... I have told everyone I have seen in the past week that I so need a vacation.....a warm, tropical, vacation LOL. What do I do to recharge?? Hmmmm....I will have to ponder that a bit before formulating an articulate response. As an off-the-cuff answer, I would say that, yes, reading others’ blogs helps.... My husband thinks I am just “wasting time,” but I find inspiration when I see what others have accomplished or created. I also am motivated by a change of perspective...which I often find in other’s blogs...and a bit of humor. And, although it seems likes it would be the LAST thing that would “recharge,” I find that cleaning helps put me back on track a bit. (Not to be confused with the cleaning I do to procrastinate LOL...you think I would have a spotless house, but, ummm, not so much.) ;-). Now you have me thinking.... See??? It’s working LOL.... Happy (what’s-left-of) Monday...and Happy Re-charging.... ~Robin~. (PS....bummed I didn’t get to Theme....again...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny, but I get you!!! Yes, I have your chick and eggs there too. When you think you might come to "town" let me know and I could meet you there too. Cleaning..."I do to procrastinate" LOL!!!! 1000 XXX

      Delete