Tuesday, November 27, 2018

5 FDP Concert in Green Bay

When I tell people that I like....some...metal (music), they always are so surprised.  I know I'm a Christian, I know there are swear words in the music, I know they have Illuminati symbolism's....I am an educated listener - believe me I am.  I just LOVE the lyrics, the crackly voices, guitar and drum solos - I can't help it, I just do.  Now with all that cleared up....here goes my post.  


Al is more of a metal head than I, but we do share in our LIKE of several bands.  5FDP -  5 Finger Death Punch - is one of them.  He is always watching concerts near us and when he found out this one was going to be in Green Bay, we bought tickets ASAP - it sold out in a couple days.  In fact, we saw that tickets were being resold in our area for $1,700...people are crazy.  Glad we got ours.

Ashes to New, Bad Wolves, Breaking Benjamin and 5FDP - what a line up.  It was an interesting concert to say the least!  From the cop coming to get the puking lady in the row ahead of us, to the mash pit "human hamster ball" to the lady who fell from the bleacher seats - we were entertained.  We were also thankful we don't do stupid stuff like that - LOL

In my observations, I was thinking, what draws these people together?  Why metal?  The girl ahead of us knew EVERY lyric to EVERY song....she was belting and spittin' it out with every bodily gesture she could muster up.  I looked at these fans in a new light.  I know why I like this type of music, I just told you up above...but, then I was thinking...maybe it was more.  5FDP and other bands like them, have lyrics that have a draw to the - don't get mad - dare I say, "misfit."  I consider  myself a "misfit" in many ways.  In front of us was that girl and her much older partner, next to me was a rather nerdy, video game playing type kid and next to Al was a rather large, taking up 2 seats kinda girl...."misfits".....  I don't want to sound mean - but, I can imagine each of them have faced a type of bullying in their life - I have too.  So when I hear lyrics that represent this, an "escape" to vent anger....I can see why they like it.  

I guess, I don't approve of the "burn MFer, burn MFer, burn"....but, I get it!  Sometimes, I want to say it too...but, I don't.   I am more for the, "arms wide open, I stand alone, I'm no hero and I'm not made of stone, right or wrong, I can hardly tell....(wait for it)....I'm on the wrong side of Heaven and the righteous side of Hell"  and  "All in all it's a good life, I got what I want, I can't complain, I'm living the good life a toast to your now, it's all 'sham pain'..."  I have other blog post with those lyrics in the title too.  For me, this "misfit" some of the hurt runs deep.  I can image for the other fans it must too.  

All this and my thoughts on similar things, has inspired my Bible study this week...."don't let hate motivate."  If you want to hear how I use 5FDP lyrics and scripture....you'll have to come to Emma Kait's in Birnamwood, WI tomorrow at 10 am.  Till next post....

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


4 comments:

  1. Sadly I am on the other side of the ocean but would love to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your post brought me back to my concert days. My first was Jethro Tull. The smoking of the weed was everywhere. You got high without even smoking. Glad you had a good time! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to concerts like that as well. I've never endulged in any of that. But, it's fun to watch.

      Delete