Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Broken Furniture

On my way from barn to house with a small side table to paint, this happened.  I don't know if it was age of piece, dry/frozen glue or the fact that I slipped on ice....






So, I  took the top in the house, saved the legs because they had neat detail on them and I could use on another project (maybe a picture frame).  I had to run to Hobby Lobby and I found this metal hanger at 50% off.  I took a chance that it might just fit...on the top...of the broken table.


I decided to paint the board and attach the hook hanger.  I don't like things that look too "clean" I have to antique it up.  I added some stain over the whole piece.



I didn't let the broken table stop me. Truthfully, someone might have looked at that and tossed it in the burn pile.

A.  I can hardly do that.

B. I paid for the table, I feel I need to turn it/flip it to make money.  

C.  After looking at it on the ice, I could see this - maybe not the way it turned out - but, I knew the top would be a back to something.





These are the types of items I make and sell.  My next event is this week at Theme:  "March of the Dafodils" 
https://www.facebook.com/events/364681814009565/

And I will be doing an "It's a Pickin' & Fixin' - Vintage Pop Up Sale" on April 7th:
  https://www.facebook.com/events/167670497114487/

Here is a piece of furniture I did this week too




Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin


No comments:

Post a Comment