Friday, July 7, 2017

Cookie of the Week 37 - Sour Milk Cookies

I had some sour milk to use, so I made some cookies.  It was the 4th of July and on goes the red, white and blue sprinkles.  You could always frost and decorate too.  These cookies are soft, more biscuit like - they actually remind me of vanilla wafer cookies.  

Sour Milk Cookies:

1 C white sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 C shortening
Cream together, add;

3 well beaten eggs
1 t vanilla
blend together, add;

4 C flour
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
blend together, add;

1 C sour milk

Mix well and chill for an hour or more.

Roll about 1/4" thick, cut out in desired shapes, bake at 350 until lightly browned.  



It tickled me to hear my 2 little great-nephews tell me how good these cookies were.  It's not the same as Al telling me...(smile).   Enjoy!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/2017/07/foodie-friday-and-everything-else.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FkkeNxN+%28Rattlebridge+Farm%29

http://www.oakhillhomestead.com/2017/07/simple-homestead-blog-hop-111.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OakHillHomestead+%28Oak+Hill+Homestead%29

No comments:

Post a Comment