Friday, August 28, 2026

Farmhouse Friday - Week 34 Old Buildings and Trees

 

The door on the chicken coop, no longer closed all the way.  This picture shows how uneven the coop has become.  Here is why.


The tree growing next to the coop is pushing it up/over.  This tree is huge!  Anyway, the door is level the building not so much.  


We plan to just keep using this old coop.  It's been a chicken coop forever and I can't stand to tear it down.  


When the girls were little, they, we could walk between the tree and coop.  Look at the roots.  I wonder how old it is.




I'm not sure if you can see the damage to this old tree.  In 1996 we had a tornado that jumped our barn and took out a different storage shed.  This old tree lost about a third of it's branches with one big split.  We thought for sure it would die, but here it is 30 years later.





In the pictures, it's hard to see, but the branches are growing into each other.  I never noticed it until now.  This brings new meaning to "and the two shall become one."


This little girl is me at 4.  I was a flower girl for my brother's wedding.  This came up on a memory on social media.  I've been thinking about this little girl and wondering, if I could go back in time and tell her something, what would it be?  I know, maybe tell her NOT to give "voice" to every thought she has in her head.  I've said some stupid things, in gist, joking or to get a laugh.  I hold a few of them with me in deep regret.  However, all the things, the good, bad and ugly, I'd do it all the same again.  All of it made me who I am today.  I can live with that and the woman this little girl grew up to be.   

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


No comments:

Post a Comment