Sunday, April 30, 2023

35 Years

 April 30th - 1988 - 2023 

35th Wedding Anniversary

We have been so blessed these 35 years!  Like the rest of you, we have had our trials and triumphs; losses and gains.  In all that, 35 years of living (I can hardly believe it), we are still working together every day.  Working, I was hesitant to use that word, but growing, changing and loving for 35 years requires work.  Working on trust, unity, dedication, selflessness, forgiveness, compromise, compassion, passion, loyalty, friendship, Godly ways, patience, grace; these things .... keys to a .... any successful relationship.  



I asked Al this morning what he felt was a key to our marriage.  He said forgiveness.  I would have to agree.  If you can't forgive each other, you will fail.  We also agreed that compromise would be one too.  One person can't get everything they want (even though I do try...ahahah) have you seen my farm.  He really tries to fulfill my dreams.  He has built me so many buildings.  

I was thinking about our big barn remodel.  You can see pictures here:  Barn Remodel  We had neighbors say "Why don't you just tear that old thing down and build a new one?  I'm sure it would be chaper!"  They weren't wrong.  However, they were missing the point.  We had a desire to save it.  I guess I think on this example because, the barn had cracks in the foundation, some even had to be replaced.  However, the old structure was standing.  Taking out the bad, repairing the cracks, rebuilding made our old barn stronger.  Relationships, marriages are like that too.  In 35 years, you'll have a few cracks...but don't give up or tear it down because something new would be easier.  You work....you know all those words in the beginning of this post....and mend.  


And in doing so, you'll still be standing in every season of life.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

13 comments:

  1. Few things more lovely than a long marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary. Your post very well said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary you two. Wishing you another 35 years of love together. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a wonderful piece about your marriage & the journey of loving someone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on 35 years! I so agree with everything you said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary you young lovebirds! May you have many more. Janice

    ReplyDelete