Friday, January 6, 2023

Farmhouse Friday January 6, 2023

 Well, not much going on at this farmhouse.  Winter is here, rounds of ice and snow.  I am still taking down the Christmas decor.  Redecorating with winter themed areas with a few Valentine things to be added soon.  I really enjoyed my home for Christmas.  I loved all my little vignettes.  


This was a shorter work week.  I started my January sales, $10 Tuesdays in my selling group:  Town Hall Trinkets Online Estate Sales.  We stated working at the next estate, everything will be posted in lots on the group.  I will do "lot drops" on Saturday evenings for that.  Fingers crossed, we may have sold a huge cabinet at the Antigo estate.  I wish I had room for it...ahahha.  It's been hard to meet up in this weather.  

I made an interesting banana cookie, which I was going to share, but I think I want to tweak it and make it my own recipe.  It may end up being a banana nut muffin.  

Many of our scheduled plans were cancelled this week.  It was all from the ice, in one way or another.   I was still able to have my Gramma Bird afternoon with Lauren (and Justine).  She is in half-day Kindergarten.  I pick her up and we "play" until Josh gets done with work.  Anna sent me pictures of my little grandson, Ezra, he is such a happy boy!  He is crawling and standing up next things.  He is tiny but strong.

We bought snowshoes for Christmas.  Al already was out in the woods with the dogs using his.  We are planning to go tomorrow.  I haven't been snowshoeing for years! The plastic cracked on my old ones and broke.  Anyway, something we can do together.  Well, he will be waaaaayyyy ahead of me...ahahaha.

Tacos for supper tonight, applesauce and some kind of ham bone bean soup tomorrow.   Do you soak your beans overnight?  Doing that helps with the "gas."  Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you....I do want to eat more, just not the other.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. Happy 2023 Jacky. I will have to come up with a reminder system to check your group page on your listing days. Since I do not use FB routinely anymore, I only go if there is something specific someone has told me to look at LOL. But, then again, I'd likely never make it out to your pick up place to get my treasures. I know I had a couple things that we didn't connect on from way back. Yeah, I'm done with the ice thing... ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I still have whatever it was...ahaha! I'm done with ice too, but did you see forecast for next week....rain...ugh!

      Delete
  2. Let me know how the snowshoeing goes! Husband and I have talked about getting some but haven't got around to it yet.

    Your house was beautifully decorated for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment. Snowshoeing went good, until I got a little "cocky" (wink, wink) and tried to go faster....let me tell you, it's hard enough to get up in snow, but with snowshoes they had to come off...

      Delete
  3. Loving your display! I need to find me a checked coat like yours. Have fun on your showshoes!!! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that old hunting coat at one of our estates and the hat at an antique shop. I get lots of compliments when I wear them. (wink, wink)

      Delete