Saturday, July 9, 2022

June to July 2022 Happenings

 



This past spring, Al and I decided to plant the old horse pasture in wildfower seeds.  We went on a tour of a lavender and wildflower farm last summer and loved the look.  Anna's neighbor has a small field of them too - so pretty!  It is happening!  Baby flowers are starting to grow.  We planted a perennial blend with self seeding annual seeds.  I have high hopes, but truthfully, this is an old horse pasture and I hope quack don't choke out the flowers.  It is our intention to put our bee hive out there next year.  Cosmos are a bright show of color.


I've been working on creating a cute space in and around my greenhouse.  It is my favorite spot now.  This little oak, spoon carved dresser was only $20 at a backroads farm sale.  I took a wrong turn while traveling and had no idea of this sale.  It may have been wrong but ended up being right for me.  I bought several things.  I was going to sell this, but I like it here.  The drawers hold my pots and supplies.  


June just flew and now July is here.  I purposefully tried to keep June open for me.  I wrote in my journal last June - "do not do any sales" and "you want to have fun gardening and enjoying your yard."  I did keep to that too.  Well, with the exception of picking up almost 2000 salt & pepper shakers from a client.  We are setting up a "pop up" at the Ringle town hall tomorrow afternoon.  We were listing some on the group, but we need to "weed" out some first.  

As far as my business goes, we did look at and talk with several families with more appointments this next 2 weeks.  I think we will be booked until December with sales.  We have some amazing pieces of furniture and unusual smalls coming up for sale.  

Well, Al is raking hay and should have wagons to unload tomorrow when the kids can help.  Hay will be on the agenda for next week as well - should weather hold out.  

I hope you have a great weekend.  Do you have a special space you enjoy?  If so, let me know about it.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to read that you took some time off for yourself...even though I know you work like crazy with the gardening and farm chores. That field of wildflowers is glorious! How fun to be able to walk out and just pick a big bouquet of beauty. I love Cosmos...never had much luck with them, but love them. Sounds like I could be in trouble with some of your upcoming sales??? 😳 Hope you didn't work too hard haying...such a beautiful weekend! ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope your wildflowers flourish and remember to take pics of them, A great find for taking a wrong turn. It was meant to be. Janice

    ReplyDelete