Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Blooming in a Sea of Others

 



Everytime I look at this overcrowded pumpkin patch, I think there has to be a blog post in here somewhere.   Could it be, always blooming, but produces no fruit?  Or, just keep blooming, just keep blooming.  Or even, this fence can't hold us back.  Oh, I could have gone so many ways.  

I settled on blooming in a sea of others.  You know, I don't know why people don't know me, my business, what I've been doing the past 30 some years of my life.  It never ceases to amaze me when a newbie will show up and overnight have thousands of followers and their husband's quit their jobs to work for them fulltime.  I know, all that wasn't in the cards for me.  But, truthfully, I would have a very entertaining podcast or youtube channel - nah, why bother.  ahahahah.

Maybe its that I'm last of 6, maybe it's because I've actually been forgotten by family, maybe its just all vanity, but I tend to want to be known, liked and seen.  I remember killing myself, trying to be nice to the popular girls to still never fit in.   

This did bother me so much more just a few years ago.  But, now truthfully, not so much.   Must be mellowing out in menopause.  You know, toot toot, I've pulled off some amazing events and things over the years.  I've been blessed.   I truly enjoy what I do.

So, I just want to bloom, even if it is in a sea of others.   Some plants have all the blossoms, some plants have blossoms and some fruit and some plants focused on their only fruit.  I know society tricks us into thinking we can "do it all" - we can't.  Each of us have unique talents and even specific niche' we fall into.   Just venture forth, climb the fence if you have to, but bloom - your own special way.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

 

3 comments:

  1. So true Jacky. So true. I was the shy girl in school. I had boy cousins my age and grew up a tom boy. I had more in common with the boys than the girls in school and never fit in with them. Same as you, now I dont care. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is as if you read my mind...I absolutely understand. No matter how hard I try, I never seem to fit in. I do my best to be friendly and helpful, but it doesn't ever work out. You know, I just wish someone would tell me what it is about me, because I sure can't figure it out! And I get it...I'm always hoping to be "discovered" as a farm blogger...but wow, how those newbies succeed overnight blows me away. (Younger? Prettier? Better Connections?) You're absolutely right...bloom! At the end of the day, if I've tried my best to be the kind of person I should be, what more can I do? Here's to doing what we love...whether I have one reader or millions! Thanks, you inspired me! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't fit in in anything...never have and never will. My father passed away when I was 14 but I remember him always calling me his little black sheep. I've gotten accustomed to it over the years...finally...and even, some days, embrace. But the older I have gotten, the lonelier the lonely has become. You are truly blessed to have a loving spouse, and children....and to have the successes you have. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete