Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Your Heart's Plans

 I have decided no resolutions, no word of the year, none of that for me this year.  I was inspired, to pick a scripture of the year.  Here it is:  


You all know I like to make plans.  Sometimes I make a plan to "hold" myself accountable or hostage (it's been both) to a scheme, idea or event that I dream up.  I'm using the plan, create an event or make a public announcement to make me do something.  Nothing is more disappointing than someone is talking about a grand plan or idea and then fall flat in completing it.  That's one type of plan, the ones I let you all know about.  The other 99% I keep to myself and for the same reason.  No one needs to know all the things I have plans on doing, so that when I don't get them done, I won't hear, "I knew that wasn't going to happen."  Hey, it's like I've heard that a time or two in my life.  These plans are my secret and if I do complete something, I usually share.  

You know, if 2023 taught me anything, it was that my plans, how I would like things to go, sometimes are not fulfilling God's purpose in my life.  This became more prevalent to me between the race to decorate for Christmas, right after Halloween.  I really like to decorate and share my holiday collections.  However, this year, I was just....I don't know....turned off by all the "home tours."  I love watching the vlogs and virtual tours.  It's just lately, all that, seems too "self fulfilling."  What purpose did that have?  I know some influencers are on to this .... because I have heard "now, if you could see behind the scenes" or "my house isn't perfect" these types of statements.  I'm thinking I can't be only one who is getting burned out with all that....their views and clicks maybe showing it too.  

I read something on a post that that I've been thinking about.  It is how, most people scroll, watch a reel or video and no longer even click like.  Endless viewing and scrolling and not even a LIKE.  What a waste of time and efforts of the creator.  I don't share that way or for that purpose, but some do and it's their income.  I've been very mindful of my screen time and plan to keep it in check even more.  However, I do click LIKE on those exceptional posts.  

So, today, at the start of a new year, I want to pick my plans, not have my plans pick me.  Give myself some time, slack even on pleasing others in their time frames.  I want to work hard, but be mindful of my efforts.   Sometimes the balance of all of this is NEVER in my favor.  Ultimately, I want His purpose in my life to prevail.  Even if that purpose ends up being hard, help me Lord to work it out.  

I have a few posts to share about things I made in December that I plan to post this week.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. Love everything about this post...and especially love your choice of scriptures. It's given me cause to reflect on my own heart's plans and how they have careened off course. It helps me to consider that perhaps that is not the end of he world and there is another purpose to be served. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it gives me cause to reflect too. Hugs to you!

      Delete
  2. Interesting post. I'm not picking a word, but I am choosing some goals for the year. They won't be accomplished overnight, they might not be accomplished at all, but I want to have something to strive towards.

    I'm looking forward to seeing some of what you made in December. Hope your New Year is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Strive was one of my words of the year. You're too nice to me!

      Delete