Friday, January 5, 2024

2024 Week 1 - Farmhouse Friday

 2024 - Week 1

Let's take a virtual tour of my December.  

Started with my hosting a Vintage Rural Shop Hop with 10 others in our 35/40 mile radius.  It was a HUGE success!  We are planning another for spring.  


This was at my office space I rent for my business Town Hall Trinkets Online Estate Sales for drop off and pick ups of lots.

Then I decided to take some time off...still on a break until 1/16/24.  When I go back to being open on Tuesdays.



I had a crafting night with my friend, Renee.  We made these cool wool trees -  I love it!  



While Christmas shopping at Sam's Club, we bought 2 bouquets of flowers.  I arranged them in a huge clear market jar, added some tree branches, ribbon - this...this arrangement lasted almost a month.  I just threw all, but the rose buds, out yesterday.  Looking at this next to my kitchen table every day, gave me great joy!  It really is the little things.




I wanted to create this swag over my window that faces the barn yard.  I had a few thoughts on how I wanted it to look.  So I made these little houses out of paper and the cinnamon and applesauce ornaments.  




I wanted to add some dried oranges and create a garland.  I also had a pot of that simmering all month.  Smells like Christmas!




Took a ride out to the woods, cut down a swoopy pine bough and there it is, almost what I wanted...ahaha.  Beauty of this is, I cut the greens off yesterday, I plan to stage with rest with snowflakes and hearts for January and February.  I like it alot!

Now on to cooking.....









Just some highlights....

Now for decorating ....






Al bought my Christmas present from a junk yard!  Some girls like diamonds, I like diamonds in the rough.  This will be added to our wildflower field, once we replant it with WI hardy flowers.


Here are my grands.  I NEVER share their pictures, but I had to this one was so cute!  

I taught a Collection Clinic for 4H youth K-7th grades.




Our nephew got engaged and their bridal shower was over the holiday week.  Anna did my hair.  You know, my hair is the longest it's been in decades.  Almost to the back of my knees.  I have donated 5'4" of hair in my lifetime.  It's getting to the point I can't brush it or do anything with it.  I plan to donate again.


Whew...and on today, this Farmhouse Friday, I created a cozy corner in my hall to the kitchen.  I repurposed the holly I ordered from WA, orange slices, rose buds, pine cones as they still all smelled so good.  I plan to seasonally change this little space.  I may not be able to do "it all, but I can do it small."  I know I did a blog post about that before, but it's as true today as it was whenever that was.



Well, on to the next thing....more "intentional -vs- cluttered" around here.  When you feel like organizing you better go with it....(wink, wink).  Thanks for following along, I know blogging this way isn't the "it" thing anymore, but I still enjoy it!  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. Jacky, I am so glad to know you! You might have the makings here for a Martha Stewart like special issue magazine! Even an online one! Your creativity abounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow...and more WOW! You wore me out girl just thinking about all the work that went into your holidays. Yikes! Absolutely everything looks so perfectly festive and evokes so many memories of Christmases past. I just love it all and your creativity positively shines. And the food...oh my heck...the FOOD! You all definitely feasted well. Seeing your beautiful hair reinforces how long it's been since I have seen you in person. And your grands are absolutely precious...they are getting so big! Can't wait to see your wildflower field planted with that car. It's going to be amazing! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW so much wonderful news in one post. First I love the office space. Your grandchildren are just adorable. Your festive Christmas decor was fabulous. I may have to steal your garland idea next year. I had wanted to do some gingerbread items next year. All of the food looked amazing! Happy New Year and lets hope for a blessed 2024. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you had a lot going on in December! I loved the photo of your Grandchildren. You all look so joyful!
    Did you dry out the oranges in a dehydrator? I love the look of them. I bet they smelled great too! Good to see you back blogging. Glad you are able to take some time off from the office space

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still enjoy reading your blog and others although I rarely comment. I’m looking forward to a hopefully slower season for the next couple of months and hope you get rest also. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I REALLY enjoyed every word and photo. You exhaust me just reading about all that you do. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete