Friday, January 12, 2024

Farmhouse Friday 2024 - Week 2

 Week 2 - January 12

I had a special lunch date with my favorite 6 year old (and 32 year old).  I used my Scandinavian, rosemaling designed luncheon set.  I made homemade tomato soup.







She, Lauren, taught us how to make snowflakes.  She learned this technique at school.  She said I could have this one for my window.  





I also made some snowflakes out of coffee filters.  Remember the Christmas window swag?  I cut off the greens and now added these snowflakes.  I like it!  Also, the heat comes up in front of that window and the cinnamon ornaments smell so good. 




I've been seeing sourdough experts use this little shaker type thing for the flour on top before they splice the dough for baking.  Well, what do you know, I found one in my "stash" of utensils.  I bought out an estate and this thing was too unusual to sell.  I thought it was for putting spices in for tea or broth....I'm so glad I kept it!  Also, there isn't much, that is more comforting, than warm bread with butter and jelly!  

Al and I had a date night for pizza.  Lisa and I worked on picking up the office and finding lots to list.  I started back with my strong bodies class.  I spoiled myself with a message.  Went to our town meeting and 4H Leader's Federation (virtual) meeting.  Picked up Christmas (yet to carry it all downstairs) it is nice to set it up, but even nicer to take it down...ahaha.  Oh and just he normal house keeping and cooking things.  

I have been restraining myself from getting seed orders ready.  I told myself, I need to do some cleaning first!  Today, we are under a Winter Storm Warning - schools are closed.  I plan to tackle my closet - start it anyway.  I need to be realistic as to what I plan to ever wear again.  I also have like 50-60-100 (eek) sweaters....I have a problem!  I just love wool sweaters!  

What have you been up to this week?

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


6 comments:

  1. Your luncheon table looks so inviting and festive...and I love Lauren's little snowflake art. The girl's got talent. ;-) And your bread....yum. I think it's time to resurrect my starter and make some. But first I have to clean my kitchen counters. (gulp) I really have nothing to show for this week. Very sad now that I think of it. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you need a new starter, just ask. Also, don't be so hard on yourself, grief is complicated. Hugs.

      Delete
    2. If you need a new starter, just let me know. Also, grief is a process - take time

      Delete
  2. Tomato soup and homemade even better! How fun to have made snowflakes and a great idea to add them to your window. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice. I hope your gift shop clean out is going good.

      Delete
  3. I love your realistic view of life! I can already visualize your wildflowers surrounding your yellow Christmas gift. 🙂 I can’t imagine having that many wool sweaters unless they were in my “handsweaters” cutting room. If you find a favorite or two that are no longer wearable for you I could turn them into mittens for you and then you could still wear them!
    You are a blessing to many, be well and may 2024 be a wonderful year for you and all you do!

    ReplyDelete