Friday, January 19, 2024

Farmhouse Friday 2024 - Week 3

 It's Friday, how was your week?

Here in Wisconsin and many other places, we have had snow storms and arctic temperatures.  Many things were cancelled.  So, what did I do instead .... baked!  

I have been on a sourdough kick.  



Bagels and pretzels.  My friend, Becky H., shared the recipes.



Then I made donuts and shared the recipe with her.



As far as my "work" .... I was able to get a lot drop done on Saturday evening.  However, I didn't open on Tuesday.  


I took advantage of time at home to also do my business book work, pay out clients, work on sales taxes.  It was nice to leave and not have that hanging over my head.

On Wednesday I drove down by Anna.  Their farm is "between the lakes" (Lake Winnebago and Lake Michigan) and they had waaaaayyyyy more snow than we did.  Some of the snow in the drifted areas, the snowbanks were just under the street signs.  We went thrifting and and met Jon for pizza at a new place in Elkhart Lake (so good!!!).  We had so much fun.  We woke up, played and then off to Sheboygan thrifting.  I was looking for a fancier dress for our nephew's wedding.  I found 4 to choose from.  Two were never worn.  Between the 4 I spent.....$45!  I think I will wear the light blue one as it is in the end of April.  We'll see...


Ezra loves tractors!  I've never seen anything like it!  He even knows what they are, like "bom bine" (combine).  He loves them!  We didn't buy these, he just played with them while we shopped and then said "back" (I didn't put my stuff back - ahahaha).  

Today, Friday, January 19, Lisa and I are going to look at a partial estate.  Al was nice enough to empty my van, when I was gone, just in case we buy.  Then, I'm going to pick up a crystal chandelier from a friend who is salvaging a house.  Even if it isn't a "good" one, the parts will still sell.  

And, that's about it for this week.  My chickens, rabbits and barn cat all got extra treats this week.  Once we "make it" through Saturday overnights, looks like -temps are gone for awhile.  Yay!  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  



6 comments:

  1. All your baked treats looks soooo good. I've been slacking in the baking department and will need to do something tomorrow as I am pretty much out and can't not have a bedtime sweet. This cold is wearing on me. I know it's to be expected here in Nod...and it's early yet so we have a long, long, way to go, but still. One of the (many) reasons I know I am (getting?) old. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! This week the weather is looking warmer. I was thinking the same the other day about the cold. I know we live in WI, but I get the snowbird thing now....

      Delete
  2. How wonderful Ezra loves tractors. Such a cutie. Hope the temps are easing up for you. We had a few inches of snow yesterday and I of course had to go out in it to get some groceries. Not good planning on my part. LOL Hope your weekend is a nice one and those pretzels looked so yummy. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice. I've been so spoiled with the grocery shopping. My husband usually goes. He works "in town" and stops on way home. I do hit the Aldi tho. This started during Covid - the ONLY thing from Covid nightmare I'll keep. Ahahaha

      Delete
  3. wow that sounds like fun and man is that food wonderful!!! oh I could go for a bagel right now.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! I've made a couple batches now. I've shared some too.

      Delete