Thursday, January 4, 2024

Intentional -vs- Cluttered

 






I am finally getting around to putting my house back together.  We started remodeling last February.  As with almost everything with me, it has taken awhile to get used to it and excited about it.  I mean, I just didn't want to tackle the "do I put a hole in the new wall and hang this?"  Or, "I like all this stuff, but I can't put it all back."  Not to justify it, but we did have some set backs that took the wind out of our sails. We still have some staining to do on some doors.

Anyway, I sent my daughter these pictures of before and after.  She said "that looks intentional rather than cluttered."  Wow, she may not have known it, but that was an excellent compliment for me.  I didn't get rid of the other "99 things" that I didn't put back on the shelf.  Rather I boxed them up to think about them before I sell them.


Now, I love it!  I just walk in there to feel happy.  So, my goal is to keep the momentum of "intentional -vs- cluttered" going.  The dogs beds are under the counter behind the curtain.  Ginger loves it.



I've always wanted a counter in this room for folding.  It's my favorite part of this room!  The top shelf has a copper boiler that I had for sale at several events.  No one ever bought it, boy am I happy for that.


This little girl figurine I bought for my mom at a neighbor's rummage sale when I was about 4/5?  I thought it looked like my mom.  After she passed on, I brought it back to my house.  I like to think she is watching me while I work.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

2 comments:

  1. It looks great...and incredibly functional. Love the arrangement of all your collectible treasures. The color placement is very pleasing to the eye. Enjoy your new space! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! I keep telling myself, "don't you add anything more up there...." Ahaha!

      Delete