Saturday, January 27, 2024

Dicky Bird's Spiced Zucchini Bundt Cake

 


More from cleaning out the freezer....zucchini....

If you plant a garden and grow zucchini, you know you'll have more than you know what to do with.  I also, can't stand to waste them (the chickens end up with the huge ones).  Having grated zucchini in the freezer for winter baking is great!  So this morning, I looked through recipes for a "formula" and came up with this one I made up.  It is very good!

I did entertain myself by creating insta stories all day while doing it...ahahah.






Recipe:

2 C zucchini

3/4 C melted butter

1/4 C milk

1/4 C sour cream

2 t. vanilla

3 eggs

1 T baking powder

1 t baking soda

1 t salt

1 t cinnamon

1 t allspice

1 t ginger

1 1/2 C sugar

3 C flour

I mixed in the ingredients in that order.   Bake 250 for 50-60 minutes.  

I mixed up another and made mini muffins and mini bundt cakes.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.   

5 comments:

  1. I love zucchini and yes I know what happens when you grow it. Your sweets look very good! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I popped the mini ones in freezer and they are so good as a little snack warmed in microwave

      Delete
  2. Ooooo...those look and sound SOOO good! I don't have a garden so I have to scavenge for zucchini at the farmer's market. Being a hermit means I don't get there often and this year I didn't get there until after the season was mostly past. Sadly none for the freezer. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had several too big too fast this year - so chickens ate more than us.

      Delete
  3. Thanks. I wish the same thing! Zinnias over Zucchini

    ReplyDelete