Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Where You Need to Be

 I recently read a quote that required some pondering.  The quote was:  "I'm exactly where I need to be."  Reciting that to yourself, was that challenge.  Well....not so sure....hence the pondering.

Right were I need to be?  I'm exactly where?  I don't feel like it.  I've had some health issues, still working through and I don't feel like I'm where I need to be.  I only wish it.  More pondering....

So, when that happens, I look to the only source of truth in my life, God's word.  I was encouraged with Psalm 37:23-24

"If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand."  



I've fallen, but didn't break.  Not just spiritually, but physically as well.  I've been thinking of a way to share this - a year's worth of doctoring and more to come.  I have had some walking, stumbling, balance issues for several years.  I've been to every "ist" imaginable last year.  

To put it in construction terms; I've met with the "general contractor" (family doctor) to tackle my problems 1 at a time.  I met with the "demo guy" (surgeon) to fix my hand.  I was sent to the "furnace man" (Cardiologist) by the "demo guy" and my "general contractor" to make sure all was good for surgery and for family history.  I was given the "green" light to move on with the construction.  I worked with an "interior designer" (physical therapist) for my hand work smoothly.  Problem 1 done.  Back to the "general contractor" for issue 2.  I was sent to the "plumber" (urologist) to check on my "pipes" and all was in working order.  I met with their "interior designer" for tips on how to keep my "pipes" for leaking.  Problem 2 - working on.  Moving on to problem 3 which I've been working on for 3 years.  I was sent back to the "demo guy" who referred me to the "builder" (Spine and Neurosciences) who sent me back to the "draftsman" (radiologist) to review my blue print.  After that report, the "builder" sent me on to the "electrician" (neurologist) who is still working on "it" and more tests from the "draftsman" next week.

I use this kind of example because my "builder" used it and it all makes sense when you think of your body as a "house."  Mine is under construction.  

In church on Sunday, I actually came to the conclusion that, whatever the outcome of all of this "construction" I will be thankful in whatever state my "house" is in.  I will count on the Lord giving me strength to do it, because I know he "holds me in His hands."  

Do I recite "I'm exactly where I need to be?" I guess I can, because I am in His hands.  

This post, that quote, could be applied to anyone and their current situations in life.  I would challenge you to ponder on that for yourself.  Find a place to appreciate where you are at, even it you don't understand why.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. This will take me much pondering.....but, yes, our bodies are houses....unfortunately, mine is usually cluttered and messy. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true about our bodies being a house. I have heard that saying before too and I truly believe you are where you need to be. Janice

    ReplyDelete