Friday, January 26, 2024

Farmhouse Friday Week 4 - Class Time

 Good Friday Morning!  

It's a rather rainy, yes, rainy day here in Ringle, Wisconsin.  When it freezes - it won't be nice!  

How was your week?  

This week, I've been to a new doctor (more on this story soon), had my office open, had an art class for Lauren's school, took a soap making class, went to Strong Bodies class, went to supper with 2 friends, picked up 1/2 a beef and cleaned out the freezers.

Here is my week in review with photos....ahaha....


Al's cousin's daughter, Brigette and granddaughter, Grace were in my soap class!  I had no idea, neither did they, but we had fun.  Thanks Abigail Schulz Happy Healthy Mommy for teaching us.  Abigail is a friend of our daughters and I've watched her grow up from a girl to mother.  The link is to her page and she also has a podcast.  







Then I had a fun art class with Lauren's school at Clay Corner Studio.  Marti, the owner, had a well organized class ready for the students to make their own project.  




I started attending a strengthening, using weights, class last Fall, called Strong Bodies.  We meet in Birnamwood, every Monday and Thursday from 3-4 pm.  I started because our friend, Nancy and my sister Lori did.  We have a lot of fun and a good work out too.  Barb is a great teacher.  




Nancy (left) and my sister, Lori (right).


My plate from Tine & Cellar.  I was happy to get together with my friends, Stacy and Renee.  Life is so busy, especially during calving and lambing time, but, we managed to get together just the same.  

Last month we ordered a whole hog from one of my 4H families and now this month we did a half of beef.  My friend Renee has the BEST beef here is a link to the family business if you live in the area:  S & R Angus.   Just look at these beautiful steaks!




So, to make room for all that, we had to empty a freezer.  I wasn't sure what some of the bags were at the bottom, so the chickens have had lots of treats the past few days.  It is so nice to be prepared, eat locally raised meats and know you have something tasty to cook up.  What a blessing, Thank You Jesus!


Freezer 1 - pork to eat first, blue berries and beef.


Freezer above the garage refrigerator.  Squash and some stew or soup (not sure, but we will eat it, there is no "we" that should say I'll eat it hahaha).







Freezer 2, venison, chicken, this year's pork and any extras that we will use.  

I took some items out of the freezer and left them on top of the freezer in the garage.  It was only overnight, but it started to defrost.  That's o.k. I was going to use, what I can identify...ahahaha...the next day anyway.








Cranberry sauce and Bumbleberry (mix of 3 different berries, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries) jam.  

The cranberry sauce was easy, but the bumbleberry jam....well...



Sticky mess....  I ended up using 2 pots to cook down smaller one faster.  I also didn't have any pectin.  However, if you cook anything long enough with lots of sugar it will jell....so, this is not "healthy" but since when did it become necessary for jam to be healthy....it's a treat.  



I am already thinking of my February Birthday cake for church, this beautiful, deep red jam will be part of it.  

I guess that is why I chose the title for this week, as I was in a "class" of some kind almost every day.  

What is the last class you took?  I'd love to know.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  



6 comments:

  1. I took a class in the fall for rug hooking to sharpen my skills.
    You are one busy person! and lucky you with all that wonderful meat to cook with.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love looking at the rugs you share on your blog. The incredible work done by the others as well. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Whew...you would wear me right out. Yikes. Your jam and sauce look and sound heavenly! And I love how you make such good use of every last thing...in so many ways you remind me of my mum. Your freezers are definitely well stocked. ..just like my mum's. LOL. Hmmm...last class?? I suppose hooking at Cathy's last week doesn't really count as a class...and the online classes I signed up for for spun cotton I didn't finish....so, I guess I would have to say it was a cooking class..."Timeless Titanic Appetizers"...and that was last fall. See....I'd never keep up with you. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't seen me lately, you could "keep up" - even beat me, I'm sure. I didn't know Cathy was still doing classes at her place. I love her home and the 3rd floor studio. I'm signing up for a Grebe's cooking class today at 8 am. It is something my girls and I do once in a while. Spun cotton, I've always wanted to do that!

      Delete
  3. Youzers on the mess but am sure it will taste delish. With all of the classes how do you find time to do much of anything else? My parents and I use to purchase local beef and pig meat and put it in our freezers. Although a bit more expensive then the grocery store, we knew it was local farm raised meat and it was good. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is but so much better because it tastes like it should - some store proteins taste bland

      Delete