Friday, November 24, 2023

Thanksgiving Leftovers - "Squash Streusel Muffins"

 


Here is a sweet treat to make with leftover squash.  I made the squash for Thanksgiving.  It was a heritage variety we think Lakota squash.  My sister shared some saved seeds she had from a squash she liked.  We planted them.  However, I have planted Lakota squash before, this looks like them.  

When I made my squash, I sweetened it with maple syrup and maple sugar, so I'm starting with a sweeter squash.  When you make this recipe, you may want to add additional syrup or sugar.  

Dicky Bird's Leftover Squash Muffins

I mixed this all in a big bowl, by hand.  Super easy.

1 C cooked or leftover squash

1/4 C milk

1/4 C oil 

1/4 C maple syrup

1 egg

2 t cinnamon

2 t pumpkin pie spice

1/2 t ground ginger

2 t baking powder

1/2 t salt

I mixed this all together, then added the 2 C flour.

Topping:

4 T butter

1 T cinnamon

1/4 C brown sugar

1/4 C flour

Mix with a fork till crumbly.

Spray your muffin tin, add your batter and top with the streusel.  Bake 350 for 30 min.  



I hope you give these a try.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

 

5 comments:

  1. I will try these with pumpkin, not a squash lover. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, how interesting! They look lovely and I'm sure they taste delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look and sound delicious! I'm gonna have to try to make them. Thanks for sharing the recipe.....Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content.
    Please let me know. Thanks

    ReplyDelete