Friday, November 3, 2023

Vintage November

 


As we say goodbye to fall with Halloween, we say hello to the holiday season with November.  Seems Thanksgiving decorating is often overlooked.  I like to do at least a little table scape of turkeys and such.  As a reseller, I often hear from the younger shoppers, "well, I just don't know what I would do with that."  I also hear them say, "I want just something little" or "I don't want what everyone else has."  The best one is "my grandma had that."  

Yes, "grandma chic" is in.  Not the whole house, but a small vignette, table scape, accent piece are used to just add a touch of individual style and personality.   You can achieve this without taking up much space.  Think seasonal themed salt & peppers, small knick knacks to tuck here and there.  I would suggest starting out with a small, inexpensive item or two.  Thrift stores, antique shops, barn sales, holiday events are great places to look for these items.  Of course you could go the "e" route too.  If you happen to do that, check out my online estate sale group:  Town Hall Trinkets On Line Estate Sales  I do ship.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. I wish I were a bit quicker at turning my decor around. I barely get Halloween down in time to put some Christmas up. I still have a box of Thanksgiving somewhere though. And, yes, I know...if I didn't insist on "overdoing" things, all the holidays would be manageable. Story of my life....sigh. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never hear people talk about vignettes or tablescapes anymore, how sad. i have a lot of thanksgiving decorations that i just don't put out anymore. i don't host thanksgiving anymore and i find it to be so much work. but i miss all of the pretty things i use to put out!! it's a great month and holiday!! have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will do one Thanksgiving display but not vintage. It is getting hard around here to find vintage Thanks giving and we do have customers looking for it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the older I get the more I like the 'old' things. It's not that they are even from when I grew up - maybe they just do remind me of something Nana or Mum had and it brings back good memories.

    ReplyDelete