Saturday, October 2, 2021

This and That


It's been some time since I did an update on what is going on here at the farm.   That's because I really haven't been working at our farm, rather another one that we did an estate sale for.  

We had this on our calendar since April and was "banking" on it as our "big" sale.  It was!  I'm so blessed in what the Lord has allowed me to do what I do and meet such wonderful families.  

When this picture was taken, the sister to the deceased said "we have real farm girls doing our farm sale" I thought it was cute.  


I found these huge pair of jeans 60" waist.  I made Lisa do this...ahahah...



We finished the sale this past week.  Now we move on to getting ready for the Ringle Harvest Day.

I saw an idea I wanted to try to recreate, only mine didn't turn out as good, but it'll do.  I braided some tall grass.







Then I attached it to my braid, showing I was connected. 

This happened to me this week:  

I’m one who believes in “signs” and I take notice to look up the meaning. It was something unusual with a hummingbird that got my attention and it happened for 3 days in a row! First I look under Native American meaning - because that’s my heritage it’s a “messenger from heaven” and I actually thought “someone is trying to tell me something” then when I search meaning - this was my message “rest” from the busy, busy, busy. So, after Ringle Harvest Day and all that busyness I’m going to take a little break. I’m also not going to let myself be accessible 24/7 for questions and such with my business Town Hall Trinkets LLC I need better boundaries for myself




My Lakota squash


Pumpkins are still turning orange:



I have a mama garden spider guarding her eggs. I don't mind if she is on my greenhouse. It should take 2-3 weeks for them to hatch and then she will pass. So, I am guarding her so nothing bothers them.


Isn't nature neat! Well, that's about it for me. Just keep plugging along. I will share information about my booth with photos later in the week.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I haven't checked in for a while and I've missed your posts. I have really appreciated your kind words during my Mum's illness and since her passing. During this time I've really come to realise how difficult it is to sort through things - some of which don't have meaning to the person looking through them - but to the person whose items they were they had meaning. It seems to me that you really do a wonderful service helping many people in what is a really difficult time whether the person whose items you are sorting through are living or passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a process, the sorting, I understand it - so I can be empathetic to the needs of each family. I do try to keep the wishes and deceased wishes in mind while I sort and sell. This last one, there was a family down the road who would come over and fill this gentleman's wood furnace because he was unable to go up and down the steps. I let them come and shop early - that's what this man would have wanted. I have been thinking of you all summer, hugs!

      Delete
  2. The pants photo is too stinking funny! Looking forward to the sneak peeks of your booth. Wish I could come but it looks like it will be another year I miss out. :-( (That's my best pouty face). I like the grass/hair braiding....but I can't quite wrap my head around how one would do that by themselves...then again, I've never been very hair saavy LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing with the pants, Lisa and I were dancing around, giggling ourselves in them...we were at the top of the steps...a wonder we didn't fall down them. I wanted my hair actually braided in the grass, but my husband doesn't know who to braid.

      Delete
  3. Those pants are crazy!!! you have had a sign to rest. I don't thing women esp rest when they are weary they just keep keeping on.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We surely do! I have been especially since my children left home. I think I kept busy as not to think about my empty nest.

      Delete
  4. Very interesting on the hummingbird meaning. I also had to laugh with you girls in those pants! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! I don't even look for or even "like" hummingbird things. Robins, chickens - those are more my type of birds.

      Delete
  5. You girls in those gigantic pants, so funny. How fascinating that you arrange farm estate sales. I think every family must have things that others will treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the "holy grail" of picker finds at this sale. Something I've wanted for years - an antique sock knitter. I bought it! I do have fun.

      Delete