Friday, October 29, 2021

Farmhouse Friday - Happy Halloween

 It's Friday and time again for a review of the week.  How was your week?  Did it seem to fly by for you as well?  

My little tomato experiments in the greenhouse, well...I ended up taking them out of the pots and adding them to the compost.  I took notes and know what to do better for next year.  I dug up the rest of the onions and beets.  I have kale yet that I need to wash and freeze for winter smoothies.   I also have glad bulbs to dig and zinnia seeds to save and garlic to plant.  Then Al can give the garden a good cleaning with the drag and then till it for spring.  This will probably be the last nice weekend, so we will focus on that.  

I made notes last year on what it was I was I felt disappointed with in myself.  Gardening was one of them.  I sure did my best to fulfill my word of the year "cultivate" in that area.

Another was my not pulling out "all" the decorations and staging my house for each holiday.  I thought about it, it's not been since my daughter's married and left the nest that I've done this.  I missed it.  I didn't take out "all" the Halloween, but I knew if I didn't at least do one little corner, I would regret it.  So, if you can't do it all, do it small.

Truth is, this isn't even my normal Halloween.  I bought several tables full of folk art, holiday from a friend who sets up and stages sales just for me.  It is so much fun!  She had a bakery and antique shop a few years back.  She has been downsizing for about 2 years, she sets up like a little shop and I love it.  Thanks Mia!   You should see the stuff in her house!  It should be in a magazine.  Anyway, I used the stuff that I chose to keep that I bought from her, except the witch sign, that I had from another buyout.  







Tomorrow is our annual 4H awards banquet.  We are trying something different this year, a costume bowling party.   

Happy Halloween 

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. Oh...I, for one, am glad you at least decorated small...I love it! You have some real treasures there...I espcially love the round flying witch!!! Well, and, of course, the crows LOL!!! That last photo of yours is incredible!!! It should be made into a card/postcard!!! Hmmm....costume bowling party....that sounds like an accident waiting to happen...if you were me that is. Have fun! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I won't be bowling, but I am dressing up as the crazy chicken lady...ahaha. I figured you like some of these items. Thanks, I do like the last picture too.

      Delete
  2. What a fun display! I only did one display myself at home. Did so much for the store, I was tuckered out to do any more. LOL Love that Halloween tree nd oh that witch flying. Happy Halloween my friend! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember those days, decorating for the shop and booths. I can't wait to see what you do next.

      Delete
  3. I love your halloween corner! It is hard to decorate when the only people who see it are husband and you. I am hoping this year to have a christmas brunch for a few friends so that will get me in the mood to decorate.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is part of it for sure. I think I should plan something like that for my friends too and it would motivate me to decorate. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete