Sunday, October 24, 2021

Crossing off my To Do List

Yesterday was B E utiful, actually the whole week has been.  I love crispy fall days!  I had a "to do" list on Monday, I am still crossing stuff off and some will carry over into this week.  

It started with Lisa coming over with another load of holiday and home decor.   We had 2 tubs of lighthouses and some spring stuff in there too.  Anyway, we worked on that for a couple hours Friday and Saturday.  That was a BIG to do on the list...if we could only do "this" once a month, could you imagine how organized we'd be!  It may be the "next" thing...clean out a section set up a FLASH sale.  We will see if anyone shows up today, then I'll make my final decision.  Ahhaha

I worked outside until the daylight failed me.  Oh and also when the coyotes started yelping from just the other side of the trees...yep, close the chicken coop and go inside.   Have you ever heard coyote yelps?  It's loud!  We have a creek, stream, brooke that runs the side of our property and they run it.  

I know all the other blogs and feeds already promote their Christmas decor.  They "have" to as influencers and being paid for it, but still....can't we just enjoy fall while we are living in it...seems we skip over that...Halloween to Christmas.   It's not like the year is already flying by or anything!  

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite to decorate for as I have so many turkey things.  I usually host the family gathering here, but this year, I'll bring the food to Grandma's.  Her house is set up more for entertaining.  I loved the one year, when my studio/shop was clean and we had it out there.  #2022Goal #Icantfailthistime #aspaceforme   

O.k. back to the B E utiful day.....with my last stumbling steps, scooching down the stairs, rolling end to end pumpkins, crawling through spaces to find a wreath, feet stuck to mouse sticky traps....I did it!  I decorated for FALL.  #thingsseemreallyhardformetodolately

Now to cross off more on my list.....

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

7 comments:

  1. Well it looks great!!! I love decorating for fall and do not skip over it but the day after thanksgiving all bets are off lol
    You sound busy as always but organized
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, no I'm not organized...ahahha. I strive to be, but fall short.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your fall decor...what a fun entrance. For some reason it reminds me of some of the scenes in Hocus Pocus...perfect! What great railings too.... Hope your flash sale went well...I'm still in jammies. For shame. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a beautiful sunrise yesterday morning that I managed to get out and take photos of and then it rained the rest of the day and has continued to do so - it's supposed to rain all day today.

    I love Lighthouses. Husband's Aunt who passed away recently has a whole collection of things. I think we are going to see if we can donate to the Lighthouse museum. Otherwise I'm not sure what we will do. I think at some point we may have to have an estate sale as there is just too much to deal with. As it is we are starting to go through things but she was a ... well, not sure whether to call her a hoarder or a collector (that might be in the eyes of the beholder) but there is a lot of stuff. Her house is clean but filled up and it all has to be sorted. MIL and FIL are both 80 so we are helping the best we can.

    I finally came across a Coyote on my walk! It was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I lived closer and I could come help and "pick" ahahha.

      Delete
  4. What a fantastic Autumn porch! I did not do anything outside this year. I am one of those who is setting up for Christmas at the store. Have to being in retail. However at home will do a turkey display for November. We have to respect the turkey. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you're the best at this staging. When we did craft shows we were always a holiday ahead as well.

      Delete