Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Late Bloomer

 I received much of my blogging inspiration lately, from this pumpkin patch.  I walked by this yesterday and fully intened to have this be a Motivational Monday post, but Monday got away from me.  But, that in it's self is what this post is about.  Late - rather, late bloomer.

These pumpkin plants are still producing so many blossoms.  They will never mature or make a pumpkin before our long winter comes.  Yet, the plant is still trying.  The blossoms, as you can see, are still just so pretty.  We did receive a light frost a time or two, so some of the leaves are dying, but still...this plant is sending out "bloom" messages.  




I am ever an optimist.  I've said this before, but teachers and my friend's mom called me "little miss sunshine."  My mom, bless her heart told me, "I'd rather have you be that way at school and yourself at home."  Yes, I know I was (still am) a handful.

So, with that mindset, I see this in this pumpkin patch.  Strong, well rooted plant, doing what it is supposed to do, reaching and stretching, blooming, producing, bitten by frost, but bloooming some more.   That has been this pumpkin plant's cycle.  

That is the lesson here.  Be a well rooted plant, whatever it is you dig into.  Mine is my faith.  Let the earth (my faith), nurture the seed and help it grow so that it can do what is is supposed to do.   Life can hand you ups and downs, keep stretching and growing from those lessons.  Bloom and produce some fruit along the way.  Don't let the frost, bad things stop you from blooming.  Even if you are late, it's better to bloom and try than just dye off or wither away.  Don't let "things" stop you from trying.  You may not see the fruits of it, but you sure looked pretty trying.  

Blessings form Ringle, Wisconsin. 

6 comments:

  1. My BFF calls me Sunshine, so I relate to you. Those pumpkin blossoms are very pretty, and I agree with you in being rooted in my faith. Every day I sing "Praise God from whom all blessings flow." Yes, all blessings are from Him. Enjoy your pumpkin patch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you also need to be a preacher. Such words of wisdom. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post Jacky....especially how you end it. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete