Saturday, September 25, 2021

25th Annual Ringle Harvest Day - Saturday, October 9, 2021



It's been 25 years....25!  

For those who don't know the history, I'll share a short version.

Hi, my name is Jacky Luetschwager, aka Dicky Bird.  We bought our farm in 1994, totally gutted it, remodeled and moved in 6 months later.  I grew up in the "pickin" business as 3rd generation.  My 9-5 was working at a law office, however the freedom of living in the country sparked my real desire to resell. In 1995, I started my business, Town Hall Trinkets, LLC:

  https://www.facebook.com/Town-Hall-Trinkets-LLC-729693193716630

I was already working a side hussle for several years with an auction company.  I had the inventory, so in 1996 I hosted a sale with my sister and Lisa.  From that it grew, we added our daughter's 4H group, Popplewood 4H and decided on the 2nd Saturday of October for our annual event to coincide with the National 4H Awareness Week.  

In 2005 or might have been 2006, we moved the event just down the road to our little town, Ringle.  My insurance agent about had a heart attack when I told him how many people showed up for this at our farm...."You can't do that!  You need event insurance for the day and it was like $600"  I didn't even charge vendors to set up.  Well, the town chairman allowed us to set up and asked if the fire department could sell food too.  

So from those days to what it is now, I can hardly believe it.  I still do this as a volunteer and there is no "team" behind me.  I do rely on my husband and a few others to help with set up.  We keep our vendor fees at a very minimum and all that is invested back into the event.  We invite all the residents, local business to get involved too - it's all free for them as residents.  For me, this was never and still isn't about making money.  It's about community, fun and memories.

So, if you live near and have that day free, come on out to see what is going on.  We have over 100 vendor booths, food stands, petting zoo and everthing from A - Z to see and buy.  Held rain or shine.  Ringle is in Marathon County, Wisconsin.  We are just off Hwy 29, about 13 miles east of Wausau.  

Here is a youtube video my husband did: 

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU4dnvuyH4g&t=4s

It always warms my heart to hear all the nice compliments about this event.  I so enjoy seeing the 2nd generation now of littles that have come and made their own memories now.  I have really invested much of myself into this over all these years.  Here is the link to the Ringle Harvest Day page: 

 https://www.facebook.com/RingleHarvestDayFleaMarket

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. You do a phenomenal job with this event Jacky....It is one of the best I have been to. I don't think I will make it his year sadly, but one never knows what my future holds these days. In any event, hoping and praying all goes smoothly and fingers crossed for great weather (I know, rain or shine, but shine is always a blessing for something like this). ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin for saying this. I appreciate that more than you know. Yes, shine is always a blessing!

      Delete
  2. Wish I lived closer. I know it will be a success! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it looks like weather might cooperate this year.

      Delete