Friday, April 29, 2022

Farmhouse Friday Week 17 - A New Toy

 Happy Friday.  Here is what has been going on this week at my farmhouse.


Here is my new toy.  I not only will use it to move things from one building to another, but garden to compost or greenhouse.  We had one but, it has seen better days.  It's like the "Cadillac" of wagons.  

My baby garlic is popping up.  I planted on Halloween on suggestion of my 102 year old client who passed last fall.  Her daugher and her did that and she said "it just seems fitting to plant garlic on Halloween."


My chickens are laying up a storm.  That is good because I eat a lot of eggs.  I have enough roosters so that soon, I will start to let them set and hatch out some chicks.  


This photo is my goal....what a pristine little garden.  My problem is, well one of them...teehee...is I dream too big.  Last year's garden just about killed me trying to keep up and I had to let some of it go in the end.  Less is best...less is best....less is best.  

I also wanted to share a quote I came up with due to an icky text message I had with a loved one.  It has bothered me all week.  I was trying to help, but saying what I felt was the "truth" - doing this over text messages - things can get misinterpreted.  So, after much pondering I came up with this:  "how you preceive it, may not be how I wanted you to receive it."

Often times, our past experiences, how we were raised, past trauma that influenced our parent's rearing, how we are feeling at that moment, even our stage of life, these all influence how we preceive things.  I know first hand because I'm working on not assuming and being offended.  Working on yourself isn't for the weak, doing hard things is HARD. 

Less is best....less is best....

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.


5 comments:

  1. So weird.... For some reason, I decided the other night in that strange twixt time between wakefulness and sleep that I needed a wagon LOL. I do have a little garden cart that gets used a LOT but, for some reason, I thought I needed a wagon. Oh those eggs look so beautiful...I love eggs too.... I really really would like to plant two things: garlic and asparagus....but I can barely keep up with my flower borders and little sandbox of herbs. I love your quote...and you are so right about how our life experience shape how we perceive and receive things. I seem to take things to heart way too much and read things into words that weren't there or intended. And you're also right that it's a difficult thing to overcome. ~Robin~ (The Cranky Crow.... Blogger is only letting me comment as "Anonymous")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. I'd know your comments anywhere. You are a good friend and I love that you "get me"

      Delete
  2. I am going to enlarge my garden but not much like you I do not want to over tax the time I am willing to put in. I planted garlic for the fist time last fall so excited to see it gettng green shoots my neighbor has given me tips.
    Texting is hard and things do get misunderstood
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, I appreciate you're always giving me things to think about. "over tax the time" - I may steal that one...

      Delete
  3. One reason why I dont text a lot. What pretty eggs. My grandparents chick always laid brown eggs. The first time I saw a white egg in the store I thought there something wrong with it. LOL Janice

    ReplyDelete