Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Tips On Tuesday - Picking a Partner

 Good Morning.  

I ended my Monday in a not so good way.  We were meeting customers for pickups on an estate and I got stuck in their unused driveway behind the garage.  It has an alley access and I thought it looked solid.  When I left, I literally slid down the side and buried the front tires.  I would share a picture, but I'm too embarrassed.  After like 30 minutes of trying, digging with my hands, looking for blocks or bricks to help me out, pushing front, back to no avail....I called Al.  I don't even want to call the family, it's bad....I may try to bring some dirt and fix it.  

Now, I should say, when things like this happen, my anxiety level are at a 20.  I don't understand mechanical, technical, all the "icals" that go with it.  I was thinking about that, this morning.  You know, I never had anyone show me the "why" or the "how" to, to any of this.  Even driving, I was the last of 6 and my mom didn't drive.  So, by the time I reached 16 all my siblings were married, families of their own...I was on my own...I remember my dad, bless his heart, getting upset with my driving skills and we hardly practiced because of it.  I remember my brother-in-law, Bruce trying to help me.  I went 3 times for my license!  First time, I broke the key off in the ignition - ya that happened - I put the trunk key in and not the car key and broke it in the ignition....my poor dad!  The second time, I made it as far as backing up....I've sucked at that from day 1....FAIL.  The 3rd time, I still made mistakes, but the driving tester had mercy on me.  This is why I have the anxiety.  It's like I "black out" and can't think when something stressful happens with vehicles, tractors, trailers, hay wagons, bailers, hooking up unhooking....all that!!!  Some hobby farmer I make!  Did I mention I backed into my sisters car 2 times in 1 week....there's that.  Oh and I drove up the exit ramps by mistake...I can't even do the highways because of it....my mind goes blank with "where do I get off....is that an on ramp?..."  Don't even get me started on the round abouts.  In Oshkosh one time I went round at least 3 times trying to figure out how to get off.   I actually HATE driving.  I can't even be a passenger sometimes, especially on those huge ramps, bridges....I just close my eyes or take my glasses off because what I can't see won't hurt me.  

So, as I laid my head down to sleep, I thanked him for helping and then he shared his not so nice evening....he came and helped me anyway....because he loves me.  I remembered what it was that made his evening not so nice - I was at the root of that too.....I forgot about something and it was my "mess" to clean up - he did it for me.  I will not start a million seeds this year, I will not start a million seeds this year, I will not start......that's all I'll say about that.  

So, my tip would be to find yourself a patner that will help you even when you drive them crazy.  Thanks Al, I love you.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow and I thought I was a bad driver when I first started. I think you have me beat on that one. You poor thing though getting stuck. I have no clue how to change a tire, check my oil or anything but drive and dont get me started on those roundabouts. So glad Al helped you out and he is a mighty fine partner! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I have no navigational abilities either....
      Yes, Al to the rescue!

      Delete
  2. Ah sorry you had such a tough day. Don't be so hard on yourself! I actually don't mind driving - but I don't do it in the snow. I only learned to drive when I was 30. I was pretty sure I wouldn't have done it at all if I didn't move to America. I actually ended up having lessons as it was just too stressful to have my husband teach me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't my favorite thing to do. That's interesting, I know in other countries driving or even having a car isn't a part of life as much as it is here. Oh, that would have been stressful for me as well.

      Delete
  3. Awwww....what a sweet post...and I'd say you found a wonderful partner. I reread the last sentence of your second paragraph twice...and was relieved it's when you are a passenger that you sometimes close your eyes or take your glasses off LOL. 🙈 ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahah, I avoid high or long bridges while driving. He is!

      Delete