Monday, April 18, 2022

I Will Monday - Special

 For this, I Will Monday - Special, my thoughts run to trying to make things special.   I'm following my mom and Al's mom's (Marlene) examples.  Both of these women in my life have ALWAYS made holidays and events feel "special."  This year, Marlene did it again.  She has created such wonderful traditions and memories for her children, grand and now great grand children.  From hiding eggs, counting bunnies to guess how many jelly beans are in the jar, Easter was made special this year because of her.  We did miss Anna and Jon - but, look forward to our next visit with them.

My little grand love, is into unicorns and rainbows.  So, I had to try to make a rainbow pie.  It was o.k. - I tried...ahahah



She loved it!  It was good...not as pretty as the pinterest picture.

I also, made baskets for them.  I went on a "pick" Friday and bought several Native American baskets.  The one I gave Justine is a HoChunk basket (Winnebago).   Lisa dug through the books at the last sale and found the horse and pony ones I put in their baskets too.  



I only hope to somewhat live up to what these 2 ladies have provided for me and mine in my life.  I have been blessed by their examples of making sure things were "special."  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

8 comments:

  1. I know you well enough to know that you definitely make not only holidays special, but everyday days special too. Your daughters wouldn't be the creative souls they are if you didn't and Little Lauren is so blessed to have a gma who is likely her best playmate and teacher ever. Hope your Monday is good...despite that white stuff outside. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So special to have those wonderful holidays and memories of those gone by.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely rainbow dessert! Love the Easter baskets. Lovely surprises

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a fine job! Nice try on the pie. My mom used to make rainbow jello for Easter all of the time. Great Easter baskets! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking, I don't know why I don't use jello more often.

      Delete