Friday, April 15, 2022

Farmhouse Friday 2022 Week 15 - Gift in the Mail

 


When you receive an unexpected (she asked for my address, so I knew it was something....lol) box in the mail and it feels like your own little Easter basket.  She may not know this, but I LOVE those real eggs turned into little pieces of art.  Thanks for thinking of me Cindy! 





I did find these a week or so ago while thrifting in Merrill.  Already to go....but, I do like them plain too.  






So that was a fun part to my week.  

The Tom's are dancing away out in the field.  I came over the hill yesterday and 2 were showing off in the middle of the road to hens on both sides.  Silly ... men... minds on "it" rather than getting hit by a car....ahahaha.  



We have had winter weather yet again this week.  It's snowing now as I type this.  WINDY Wisconsin for sure!  Poor Robins they returned too soon.

Our sale last Saturday was really good for us and our clients.  The sweetest thing was a boy who came to shop with his grandpa.  He was maybe 10/12 and he was like 5 or 6 in line.  He came in the door and announced to me "I'll take the metal bed and the table in back.  I'll pay for the bed now and take it and come back for the table later."  He was like a pro at "this."  When he returned, he was wearing his farm muck boots, little flannel jacket - adorable.  I sold him a few more things in a "bundle deal" and I asked "where are you putting this stuff?"  He tells us that he has a little shed on the farm that he is fixing up for his "man cave" (adorable!).  He says "I already cleaned up the other stuff and have it set up." He was telling us he loves old country music "you know from the 70's 80's" (wink, wink)....what a little "old soul."  Can we hire him?  

We were back at the other sale yesterday, we could only work 1 day this week as I ended up with a nasty stomach flu.  We wanted to be "done" Saturday with the "last" lot drop, but we will have to do one more.  I hope to squeeze it in during the week with pick ups at the end of the week.  

I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.  

He is risen and my hope is in the eternal life he promises for those who believe. 

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

 

4 comments:

  1. Those eggs are all so sweet! I giggled about the old country music. Hope you and your family have a fantastic Easter! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter to you and your family. Yes, I laughed too...

      Delete
  2. Easter blessings to you my friend... What a sweet surprise from Cindy! Yes, I was always captivated by those egg dioramas. I actually made a large version of one once. When I came home Wednesday there were two toms in the road as well....feathers fanned.... But they were acting as crossing guards for a mess of little ones and doing a great job at it LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice, that's a good job Toms! I have like dioramas of any flare for sure! Happy Easter.

      Delete