Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Tips on Tuesday - Taking Advice

 You probably can guess, I don't like to have people tell me what to do.  That is why I'm selfemployed.  I don't mind "it" if you present it in a way that doesn't sound like you're bossing me around.  ahahah.   This probably goes back to being the last child of 6 .... boy, I sure do claim that as the root of most of my problems...ahaha hmmm time for self reflection.

I had someone way better at navigating social media share some great tips with me about how to be "seen," gain new followers, playing the algorithm game, so that my posts will be in my customer's feed.   She told me that only 2-6% of my followers actually see my posts.  

One of the tips is to ask your followers to share your information.  Another thing you can probably guess I'm not good at is asking others to help me.  Just take Ringle Harvest Day for example - it's just mostly me doing everthing from advertising, managing vendors, marking booths to cleaning toilets.  I'm not complaining, it's just that unfortunately my life experiences taught me that I can only count me - and lately, I've been failing too.  

So, I'm going to take some advice from an expert at this.  She was freely giving so I'm freely taking.  Thanks Ann.  She was the event promoter for  Nellie's Barn Sale.  That is how I first found out about her was from the blog.  She also promotes the multi state Vintage Shop Hop which covers areas in IL and WI.   So, I guess I would call her an expert at this.  She is helping Becky from Tansy Hill Farm Barn Bazaar with her social media this year and I'm so happy she is!  


When you look at this picture, our booth Town Hall Trinkets, LLC is to the right of the open barn door.  I hope if you live near, you can come.  

O.k. back the reason for the post, taking advice - any advice - any subject.  First, be careful from who you are taking advice from.  Weight the instruction, how does it line up to your moral compass.  Will your actions harm or help your situation.  Then meditate/pray on it so you can make the right decision.  

Proverbs 19:20 Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.

I'm off to give a few of her tips a try.....thanks again Ann.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

11 comments:

  1. I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping that just maybe this will be the year I finally make it over there. I am in desperate need of an outing. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it. Also, you come up Anonymous now? ? this blogging thing lately.

      Delete
  3. Great post. I personally dont mind advise from others...except from Bob. LOL His ideas are so crazy at times. LOL Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahha....I don't like Al's advice either.....teehee

      Delete
  4. You're entirely welcome...helping small businesses is in my blood. That's why I started the Vintage Shop Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did contact me when you first started about adding my little shop, but at the time we were too far north. I think we still are....LOL.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and thanks for the help. I added like a dozen new followers just yesterday to my business page. Can't help but think it was because of the ideals you gave me.

      Delete
  5. Really nice post as usual. I love your stories and sage advice.

    ReplyDelete