Saturday, April 2, 2022

April 2 is National Children's Book Day

 Did you have a favorite book as a child?  How about a children's book from your earliest memory.  Mine is "Where the Wild Things Are" 


It sticks in my memory because I was scared of the "monster" and the illustrations in the pages.   I also like Clifford he Big Red Dog.


I remember wanting a big red dog.  

Al said his was Curious George.  


For our children, it was any book by Mercer Mayer


Berenstain Bears


Little Bear


We also like Ronald Dahl


We read those when they were a bit older.  I better stop now becasue I can think of so many more.  So, today on this National Children's Book Day - read to a child, or just find an old favorite and reminisce.  Enjoy.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE children's books! I was so poor going to college but whenever I could spare a little and though I needed a "treat," I'd buy a children' book. Weird I know. Favorites? Where the Wild Things Are is right up there...(I believe I have it in 3 languages LOL) and Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. I alway kept a copy of it on my bookshelf at work. I also love some of the good really old fairy tales...but that's a whole other weakness. 😬 ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible No Good Very Bad day is a good one too! I love fairy tales - my mom's side is Scotch/Irish story telling and fairy tales are in our blood!

      Delete
  2. My favorite book was Misty of Chincoteague. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that one too. I always wanted to go and catch me a pony. I've never been, but the kid in me still would like to go see the running of the wild ponies.

      Delete
  3. My favourite books as a child were by Enid Blyton. I loved reading of boarding schools and midnight feasts. I thought they were all so exotic. I also enjoyed reading her tales of magical forests. I also enjoyed The Wind in the Willows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes perfect sense. Wind in Willows good too!

      Delete