Monday, May 2, 2022

I Will Monday - Grandmillennial Style

Good Monday Morning!

We had a washed out, windy weekend here in Ringle, Wisconsin.  I started working to clean out a trailer to use for my next couple events, but nope, weather prevented that from happening as it was blowing doors off pole building and trailers.

So, I looked around at my "stash" what do I have to sell at Tansy Hill Farm  It's already May and today and this whole week isn't looking good for pulling, washing, painting anything.  I don't have a proper climate controlled indoor space to do any of that.  Then, I remembered something Becky, the event hostess said in her contract.  It was something like this "bring those items that you have yet to repurpose and let another buy it to do their own with" at least that is how I read it.  O.k. that I can do!

So, for this I Will Monday, I will try to "sell" someone on the idea of wanting "brown furniture" you need to help them along.  I did a google search and found this interesting article:  Carla Aston Design I don't like to link articles with so many pop ups, but this is a good for many new collectors and us old ones too.

She has a name for the next generation:  Grandmillennial Style; which is the younger furniture buyer who love some of the older styles that their mothers and grandmothers had in their homes.  Can I get a Hallelujah!  Finally - millennials "get it" as in green, reduce, reuse and recycle for brown furniture.  My daughters already have too!

So, brown furniture can be added sparingly.  Choose one or two pieces to be your focal point.  Add variety of wood finishes, doing this will make your space feel unique.  Seek balance in your placement of the brown piece.  Use that as an anchor to your space and pick complimentary accent colors to the type of wood you have.  (Pine wood/green; orange wood tones/blue; natural wood/yellow; dark wood/mahogony/grey).   Photos from google image search:  





Combine your painted pieces with your "brown" ones.  I'm not knocking painted furniture - to the contrary, I am only trying to show another trend that will help me reduce my inventory of "brown furniture."  I plan to have some at this.....


 Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

5 comments:

  1. Gee....guess I was in vogue before it was cool LOL. Nope, the weather isn't cooperating for much of anything other than making soup and baking. Good luck getting ready for the sale. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandmillenial..who would have thought...but glad to hear it. Hopefully you will get your sale in soon. Our weather is rain every other day this week. Janice

    ReplyDelete