Saturday, May 7, 2022

Song Bird's Serenade

 Good Morning.   I would like to challenge you to either do this right now, or remember to do it one morning soon.  Go outside, close your eyes and listen.  

Yesterday morning, I happen to be close to my childhood home and I heard the early songs of a cheeping Robin.  That song, brought me back to the back yard, under the clothesline, laying in the grass, not a care in the world.  Then I happen to think, that it was the same song, different birds and much older me.  That little bird didn't need to do more than just cheep and my mind shuffled through a deck of memories.   

Same was true this morning when I let the dogs out at 4:40 am.  The birds were just starting their morning serenade and my mind was back to many a morning here on our hobby farm.  

Life is full of songs that can bring us back to a specific time and place.  Yes, the world has changed.  Yes, life may have been sweeter.  Yes, you are older and wiser.  Yes, yes and yes to so many other statements.   And, yes the birds are still singing. 


Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  




8 comments:

  1. Lovely to see this post Jacky I like to stand at the window or back door most mornings and listen to the birdsong. Such a beautiful experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning I heard owls calling to one another. I love it.

      Delete
  2. It's funny you posted this today.... I went out earlier this morning and heard such beautiful melodies and thought I must do a blog post about them. You are so right about how certain sounds/songs (and sometimes smells) can zap us back in time quicker than any time machine.... ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so true. This morning I listened to owls calling to each other

      Delete
  3. It is one of my favourite things to do. I don't have the words to describe the peace it brings me when I just close my eyes and listen to the beauty of the world around me and the singing birds. It's the little things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would "get this" and yes, it is the little things.

      Delete
  4. I like listening to the wrens, robins, jays, cardinals and red winged blackbirds. Then there are those woodpeckers doing their job. Janice

    ReplyDelete