Friday, May 1, 2020

Farm House Friday - Wild Ramps

So, what's going on at the farm house today?  Well, a walk in the woods to look for wild flowers and ramps.



Of course, I took my little Native American basket.  My dad grew up on the reservation and knew all kinds of information about what to forage...unfortunately, it didn't interest me enough then to listen.  Oh how I would love to go for a walk with him now!



Spring flowers




As I was picking ramps, I heard some rustling behind me, that crazy chicken followed me.  Whenever they see me with a bucket or basket, they think I have treats.  She was enjoying herself scratchin' up some bugs.





My husband, Al, wasn't going to be home for supper so I made Wild Ramp Pesto sauce.  So easy to do.  



Toast some nuts - I did walnuts

Wash and blanch your ramps - keep the water to boil your pasta in.



Put nuts, ramps, olive oil and salt into processor.



add some grated parmesan cheese and a bit of pasta water




Add some to the warm pasta





Al wouldn't like this, unless it had a side of bacon....LOL...and then, he'd only eat the bacon....

This weekend it is supposed to be beautiful here in Wisconsin.  I hope to do a bit of yard work.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of ramps. What a great idea to use them. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look delicious. What exactly are ramps?
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome Jacky! You know, I have never, ever, had ramps?? But oh....how I remember the wild flowers.... I think I spent almost every day of my childhood in the woods...as long as there wasn't snow on the ground. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete