Saturday, May 30, 2020

Farm House Fri...Wait is it Saturday?

One bad thing about a "holiday 3 day weekend" is not knowing what day it is...maybe it's just me.

I feel like I've been an absent blogger.  I have been playing "catch up" all week.  My friend message me and said..."I was going to read your Motivational Monday post...to see what you had to say....then I realized it was Tuesday."  I told her "same here!"...teehee

That was how the week started and I never caught up. 

So, what was going on at the farm this past week?

I was able to meet up with many of the buyers from my online estate sale group.  I told members to just keep buying and I would make a pile.  We will meet up after the quarantine is lifted.  So, in addition to making up lots for sale, I worked on my business stuff. 



I created some advertising photos for promotional purposes.  I found this one to use, I bought these letters a few years back....I wonder where they are?  

My "neighborhood" activities....



...."moooving" right along.....



As I was unloading (from a "pick") to loading up the online auction sold lots, Rosie thought she could come along with me.  She's ready to "fly the coop"....she's good at "scratchin & pickin" .....bugs that is....teehee

My kitchen smells amazing right now.  I woke early and put a turkey in the oven.  Our neice is graduating from high school tomorrow, I am making hot turkey sandwiches for the party.  I will be having turkey for lunch...

Today, is cool and less bugs, I want to work in my gardens.  I have some plants to divide and share with our daughters.  



This is a tiny variety of the hosta that I really like!  

Earlier in the week, our apple trees were beautiful!




The smell was intoxicating.  The bees were busy.

I would be remiss, not to mention, the horrific murderous actions of ignorance that has now spiraled into absolute chaos...unbelieveable.  As I sit here, in my kitchen on our farm in tiny Ringle, Wisconsin...I can tell you it's with heavy heart that I type any of this today.  Our world is, it really is, falling apart.  I can only cope by breaking it down to this...I am only responsible for me, what I do, how I treat others.  I woke thinking of this scripture:  "I will lift up mine eyes to the hills, from whence cometh my help.  My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."  Psalm 121:1-2

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. Those letters are amazing. Love the cows moooving along. Love the flowers on apple trees! Hope your weekend is going good for you! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah....I am having issues with days of the week too...Those underwear we had as kids with the days of the week on them would really be helpful about now. Hey...maybe a COVID comeback is in order. Yes, our world is a very scary place right now. It is beginning to look like another civil war is on the horizon for our country....as if we didn't learn from the last one. Love your Rosie...and the photos of the apple trees in bloom... When I came home from the lake ours were in bloom too...and so incredibly beautiful....was going to snap some pics...then it rained. :-( Keep the faith my friend.... ~Robin!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS...LOVE those hostas!! I'm a sucker for that chartreuse and lime green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved those letters, a real delight. A joy to see the hen in the car, really made me smile. Take care.

    ReplyDelete