Wednesday, May 20, 2020

RAVE- Hide & Seek - Covid 19 Style

Good Morning.  I started a little "side" hussle, several years ago, called "It's a RAVE, Vintage Pop Up Sales," (link here:  https://www.facebook.com/itsapopup/   Selling in RAVE fashion - as I don't always have permission where I set up, I won't give much notice to where I will be or what I will sell.  In light of the "safer at home" orders, I wanted to do a true RAVE one as I didn't know how "legal" this would be to meet.  Since I created the event for this, the orders in Wisconsin have been lifted??  No one really understands all the rules...I know I don't!

I have been posting clues on the event as to where to find me.  Here is a link to the event and the list of clues.

This "Hide & Seek" Pop Up might not be as illegal as I thought now. However, I am still going to do it this way. You never know what the rules will be today, tomorrow, so....I hope to see you 5:30-7:30 pm or until someone tells me I have to leave.
Clue 1: Somewhere between Ringle & Wausau
Clue 2: On an Avenue where East meets West and runs from the Town of....to Village of....
Clue 3: This Avenue can be seen from the highway...in spots...especially where I will be set up...(well                 maybe if you're looking for me...)
Clue 4: "Country Fresh" air on the south side of the highway
Clue 5: The water may be merky, but we can smell the jerky
UPDATE.....
Clue 6: Road construction started today on the dead end I wanted to be on - someone threw a              “Zinser” in my plans! No worries I’ll just “Progress Way” myself to a new spot.
Clue 7: In "Badgerland" you can often see a "Crane in the Meadow"
Clue 8: It will be "par" "fore" this "Birdie" if you can find a "hole-in-one"
Clue 9: A good bargain hunter considers it "Premier Sports" to find a deal
Clue 10: "From the Forest" you will have to look and "Progress Way" to find me.
That is it the 10 Clues...I hope some of you can find me....I plan to bring TLC small furniture items, garden decor items, some $1 items - most under $5.

A couple customers, who came at the farm yesterday to pick up their items from our virtual event, confirmed the general area where I will set up.  I think the clues were good.  I will post a picture of my spot too, just before I open the van.  

I have always, even as a little girl, hosted sales.  It's true, I would make Barbie furniture and clothes and sell them to the neighbor girls.  My sister and I would take our dad's garden produce and peddle it in the neighborhood.  My friend, Kathy and I, would make floral arrangements and sell them to the neighbor ladies (we may have helped ourselves to other neighbor's flower beds for our inventory).  I set up at my first craft sale when I was in high school.  Anyway, I like to do different things, come up with different ideals, I just do.

So, yesterday, Shannon and I filled my van.  I wanted to do a price of $5 or less as I pulled and boxed inventory.   It's just a hodge podge of stuff.  





Here are some pictures of my van.  My plan is to be on the side of the road at 5 pm and once the employees from the business on that road leave, I will start setting up.  I don't know how much I'll drag out, especially if no one shows up.  

Well, that is all on this one.  I hope to see some customers at 5:30-7:30 pm - or until I am told to leave.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! Wish I lived near you Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats!! I totally missed it! I am going to have to start bribing you for reminders of these events of you. Hope it went well! (Where were you by the way LOL????) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete