Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Good Bye 2019

Like almost every other blogger out there, I'm doing a post to end out my year.   I'm thankful and glad for the blessings and lessons each day gave me.  

Top 5 Blog Posts in 2019:

1.  https://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2019/01/rachels-antiques-for-sale.html


2.  https://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2019/01/saturday-morning-devotions.html


3.  https://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2019/03/motivational-monday-important.html


4.  https://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2019/11/opening-up-our-hearts.html


5.  https://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2019/01/cupboard-vignettes.html


My 2019 Word of the Year was "Reclaim."  Without going into all the details, nails and fails, I'll just say, I feel I adequately fulfilled my word.  

I find it interesting that one of my top 5 was a Motivational Monday post about...my not feeling "it" (I haven't really felt "it" all year).  Looking back, it was and is probably some menopausal issue.  I know, no one cares, no one talks about it; but, it is real and women of my age suffer from and with "it."  It's funny to me, because ALL women go through it, but don't share about it.     

I wanted to post about our Community Christmas service we did for our church.  I did a parody to "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" both song and story.  I was going to do this long post and type it all out...then, I didn't...it was meant for that audience and besides once my words are on here they really aren't mine.  I was taught that from my posts about "Mama Hen Lessons" - once I realized they were being reproduced I didn't post them any more.   I was afraid it would happen to me again.  So, I will only share a few lines that really sum up my year.  I wanted the audience to think of the Grinch as 2019, life and the things that happen to us.  

"You're a mean one, 2019
You really are a drain
You're as fun as overwhelming, with a long list of things to do
.....2019.....
You're nothing but 365 days of strain"

I proceeded to do this with each line of the song...I thought it was clever...teehee...

Then I added some lines of the book:

"I know just what to do....
I'll come in their homes and give them the flu
I'll send some discouragement to make them depressed
I'll send the most evil of unwanted guest"

I think you get the picture.  I did a little "talk" on this....why 2019 was like a Grinch.  However, I didn't leave it there....I ended it with....

"You see, Jesus came just the same
He'll listen to your problems and help with your pain
All you need do is call on his name"

It is true, 2019 may have had some ups and downs, every year does.  My stage of life, personal issues, health issues etc. this year - 2019, you did your best to make me mad and turn my happiness to sad...it's the end of this year and I'm glad!

With all that said, 2019 had me out of sorts over the holidays, but I am still thankful because I know WHO is in control of my days.  I can thank Him for the lessons and blessings.

Tune in tomorrow for my 2020 word of the year.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  





1 comment: