Monday, December 9, 2019

Merry Motivatonal Monday

Wow, December...here you are, again.  

Merry Motivational Monday....what's that!?!  Well, what better time to be merry!  Christmas can motivate - to clean, to bake, to cook, to give, to create, to....whatever it is this time of year positively motivates you...it's a choice...choose positive and let's be merry about it.

For some, being merry around the holidays can be hard.  Many reasons could apply.  I don't need to start listing some for you to think on maybe your own "reason" not to be merry.  

Mine is that our dryer broke.  Just when I had a good sale and made a little extra money.  I am merry about the fact that I have a handy husband, who is in the process of ordering parts to fix it.  Maybe we won't need a new one. 


Maybe your reason not to be merry is more than just a broken dryer.  Maybe it's a deeper, emotional reason.   Which may not be as easy of a fix as this dryer.  I do know, from being in a place of deeper, emotional reasons...that being merry helps!

I always try to flip my thoughts to the positive.  I just know that it is better for me to do that than the other.  Sometimes, I do this and it comes across as my being unsympathetic at times.  I think about when my girls maybe hurt themselves or was hurt by someone, I would say "well, jump up, brush yourself off and get going" or "I hurt myself too and you don't see me crying about it..." (well, maybe that one was a bit unsympathetic....hahaha Justine and Anna).  

I just don't want to give myself the opportunity to dwell on the negative.  I have recently been able to slow myself down a bit and reflect on the "why" for the hurt, issue or feeling.  That time of reflection still doesn't stop my being merry.  I can be merry, because I have faith in His working "all for my good."  

Somethings that happened to me this week to be Merry about

Having a merry time shopping with these 4H kids for others names they picked from a giving tree.



Having a merry time teaching needle felting to new students.


Having a merry time filling out cards and making goodie bags for the nursing home residents with our church.


Having a Merry time being a part of the Wausau Holiday Parade - 4H Float even when we "broke" the generator and had no lights....we still were merry about it.



We have been working on a living estate sale for a few weeks.  Most of the items we sold on the Town Hall Trinkets On Line Estate Sales group that is a part of my facebook page.  We still did conduct a live sale on Saturday.  Thank the Lord, the weather was very nice and customer's made me Merry by being kind and supportive.

I hope you can find the things you love to do make you have a Merry Motivational Monday as well.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

1 comment:

  1. I love these posts, Jacky. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete