Saturday, December 28, 2019

Door County, WI Savory Spoon Cooking School Fun

Savory Spoon Cooking School, Ellison Bay:
  https://savoryspoon.com/


Door County, Wisconsin is our little "jewel" in more ways than one.  I don't visit near as much as I should.  Mostly, because between me and it is a huge bridge that I hate driving over - Leo Frigo Bridge in Green Bay.  If I am driving, I do NOT go on the interstate or drive over that bridge.  I will go through Green Bay.  It's just too scary, my anxiety level is so high, I have all I can do but scream while even riding over it.  I usually close my eyes...."tell me when we are over"..... I just can't!  

Anyway, I've been following a Youtube Channel, The Parisienne Farmgirl: 
 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4P9zhII6woD8WriaQwk6bw

She lives in Sister Bay, Wisconsin.  She mentioned on her channel that we was going to be teaching at the Savory Spoon Cooking School.  I wanted to meet her, so I signed up.  Shannon and I went.  The theme was "Monet's Masterpiece."  I would encourage you to go over to her channel and follow along.  I enjoy watching.  





You break off into groups and each prepares a portion of that meal for the class to partake in.  We signed up for the apple galette, made with Door County apples of course.  The beautiful mushrooms were foraged locally - they were amazing!  My favorite part of the meal.  



The class was so fun, that I decided to sign up for another with my daughters.  We made a whole weekend of it.  You can't go to Door County without enjoying a fish boil.  



I had an idea the role the Potawatomi played in Door County history, but not in the fish boil.  I am Potawatomi and listening to the history lesson behind the fish boil was pretty special to me.  

We went horseback riding, on a hike to a see the fall colors and watched the sun set on the water.  I enjoy these little times I can spend with my girls!  





Our class was handmade pasta.  We made the pesto one above.  It was wonderful.  Pasta is actually very easy to make.  I've made it before, but I should do it more often.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.   

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun....and I can't do big bridges, either, with the same reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great class! Looks like you had a lot of fun. I really want to make sure I get out and do more things locally in 2020 even if it just visiting some of the 'festivals' they have. I always seem to miss them!

    ReplyDelete