Monday, December 2, 2019

Thanksgiving "Week"

Opening day of deer gun season, Al shot a huge 10 point buck.  It's the second largest deer harvested off our land.  He will do this one in an European mount.  I really don't want to look at it's cute face forever....I have enough eyes looking at me already...LOL...and I collect taxedermy.  


I've been selling all month....every weekend....vintage Christmas.


I had to clean my house for Thanksgiving....my dining room is my catch all, working on it, don't want to take it outside room....I didn't take a before picture....it was bad!  In our living here for almost 25 years, I've filled and emptied this room probably that many times!  I'm not doing it again, I'm not doing it again, I'm not doing it again.....really!  Anna called earlier in the week and asked..."how is cleaning that room going?"   To which I added..."it's a Thanksgiving tradition!"  (wink, wink).



At the same time all of my social media feeds are full of "putting up our Christmas tree...."  I'm over here digging out Thanksgiving decor....





I made a full Thanksgiving meal for our family and Al's.  

We also were celebrating the "foster baby shower" to help Justine and Josh fill their home with stuff to use when placement of their first foster child comes.  I made some soups...it was during a snow storm!  It was bad, but we delayed a few hours and some of our family made it.  


Vegan Tomato Basil 


                                                         Vegan French Onion


                                      Anna made these adorable cookies!  (hard to see, but they were)


As someone who will be called Grandma, it won't on me either!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

2 comments:

  1. OMG we use our back room for storing our items for shows....its always a mess just before our shows. LOL Love that 30 gallon crock I spotted. Congrats on the deer. A co-worker of mine got an 11 point in his back yard. Deer hunting was a few weeks ago here in Michigan. Janice

    ReplyDelete