Thursday, December 26, 2019

Swedish Style Hygee Christmas

I've been watching a youtube channel:  
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvE08bJqdQEbvRH3PxoqEMA  Northern Heart.  She did several posts about Swedish Advent.  I don't even remember how I came across her page, but I'm happy I did.  She inspired my desire to create a simple hygee Christmas.  

I actually gave myself the gift of simple.  I limited myself to 3 sweets I wanted to make.  I tried a new recipe, pepparkakor gingerbread cookies.  Made one of my husband's favorite, pecan balls.  And tried my hand at almond bark made with pistachios and Door County cherries.  I also made Swedish meatballs for our main dish.  





This is the first year in my 53 years that I had an artificial tree.   I usually end up with a sinus infection, sore throat at Christmas and was thinking it was the tree...nope, I still woke this morning with it...getting sick...the gift that keeps giving.  Anyway, I decorated it with part of my collection of Annalee Dolls.  I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!  





My daughters and I met in Appleton a few weeks back.  We went shopping and stopped at Ye Old Goat.  I went back to my 2 favorite booths - along back wall by the bathroom - they did not disappoint!  I found the most adorable, vintage, handmade felt Nordic "sports" ornaments!  I was willing to even let it "snap" and buy them all.  Truthfully, I had a hard time justifying the price...I don't need them...but, they are soooo cute!   Well, at the check out, I was happy to know her booth was 25% off.  Yay!   I do LOVE them too!  Merry Christmas to me!  



I also, gave myself the gift of not bombarding my social media sites with images of this or that.  It may be the menopause talking but, to me, it's all getting to be too much.  I little snip it here and there - great - the dash after dash on insta story...not thanks...O.k. that sounded harsh, but I did say I woke with a sore throat, coughing...runny nose and eyes...that must be it!  (wink, wink)

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

2 comments:

  1. Your tree is lovely, I too have a collection of Annalee Dolls, some very large.

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tree. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Janice

    ReplyDelete