Friday, November 1, 2019

Opening Up our Hearts

I have an announcement, however, I've known for years and have been praying for a mother and my grandchild/ren from the moment I found out their plans.   Our daughter Justine (and Josh) prepared my heart by letting me in on their choice for adding children to their family.  I've known that their heart was for foster care and adoption.  That means too, that my heart must be open as well.






My mom (and dad) were foster parents.  We had many children in our home after I was the only child left.  My sister, Lori had foster children which resulted in the adoption of my niece Angie.  So fostering and adopting isn't new to me.  

I'm in tears even typing this....not because I'm sad...rather thinking on His plan.  How wonderful that "we" will be able to love a child no matter how long "we" have it.  You know, children are not "ours" they are HIS and we have no guarantee in how long we are able to love children, even those who are birthed to us.  I know me, well enough to know, that I will be whole hearted in love with and fully invested in each little one that comes our way.  If that child is placed back with their birth family, it will be a loss for me, but I will try my best to be happy for them.  Any time, no matter how long, should be spent loving, nurturing, guiding them.  I'm trusting that He knows who will be "mine."  

My grandmother path might not look like what I thought it would, however, I do have faith in Him and the process of how it will be achieved.  Pray for the little ones that come into our life and for my heart....I want to be able love no matter what the outcome.  I want to rejoice in a family being reunited if that is God's plan.  

My mom, had her heart broken....she carried it to her grave.  I know her well enough to know she was thinking about L in her last thoughts.  My mom was able to pick up a baby from the hospital.  It was her "change of life" or "empty nest" baby so to speak.  I now am able to understand this so much better.  She and we all loved her for just over a year and she was reunited with her family.  This girl when she was 18 knocked on my mom's door and introduced herself and thanked her for caring for her and loving her even though she didn't remember.  This may be "us" too.  

God has a plan, He has been preparing me for this for years even though I didn't know it.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jacky! How happy I am for the kids that will come your way! How blessed they will be even as you carry the weight of uncertainty...I will lift you in prayer now that I know what your journey has been and what it will be....much love from here in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes a special family to foster children. My best friend was a foster parent and I will never forget the lil baby girl who came to them in a full body cast because her real father threw her up against a wall and broke every bone in her tiny little body. It was a sad moment but she was well taken care of, and they even adopted her. You will be a great grandmother..I know it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really great, selfless gift. It takes really special people to be able to foster but good foster parents can give great memories of families and change a child's life.

    ReplyDelete