Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Snow Days Fun

 First, thank the Lord we didn't get the 8" of snow we could have.  We did get a few though along with a bit of crunchy stuff, so roads were "slickery"...that's a WI word...we know what it means...ahaha

In my last post I was hoping not to waste my "free" days.  I did a bit if fun, relaxing and work.  I said I would share, so here ya go


I broke in my "new to me" dutch oven.  I made scallop potato, cheesy ham with yeast rolls on top (oh boy, I must be emotionally eating).  It was soooo good....I actually just had leftovers for breakfast.


On our last trip to Primitive Gatherings quilt shop, I bought these already cut squares to "play" with.  I have enough for 2 projects.  I have them all put together in the order to stich them in.  Now, I didn't get that far...

In celebration of 2/22/22 I did a 2 for $22 deal on my selling group.  QVC and HSN inventory estate.


Just a sample...

So, I'll be back at the other estate house making lots from basement and garage.  The realtor called and the house sold already, I knew it would go fast!  

Have a good day!

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

6 comments:

  1. So glad you did not get the snow as expected. Love the slickery term. Also liked the Tundra Tumble saying as well! I so love your fabric choices...but then again you chose my favorite colors. Have fun stitching. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am normally more of a primitive warm colors, but these fabrics were cute.

      Delete
  2. Yes, that forecast pretty much turned into a big nothing burger LOL. I had originally seen a forecast for up to 20"...then it went to 10-15"...then 8-12" and I think we got 4" at best?? Hard to tell the way it was blowing..and that "crunchy" stuff you mentioned. But it is actually beautiful how it so smoothly frosted the snow we already had. That scalloped potato/ham/roll dish looks sooo good (and a bit healthier than the chocolate cookies I made...and yeah, had them for breakfast too LOL). Do you have an actual recipe for that?? If so, please do share!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I cheated...ahahah...all I did was slice potatoes, dice ham, used Campbells' cream of soups, sliced cheddar...ahahah....frozen bread dough! All came together a bit too good! Yes, the wind did frost the snow nicely.

      Delete
  3. we were in the 60s today now we are 20s and dropping like a stone ugg. a foot of snow for Friday oh spring where are you?
    yum your food looks yummy. I am not a quilter but love those colors
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a quilter either, I'm more of a dabbler in all things...master of none! Well, my needle felting projects sometimes turn out great!

      Delete