Friday, February 25, 2022

Farmhouse Friday 2022 - Week 8 - "Can we Skip to the Good Part"

 Good Farmhouse Friday Morning, February 25, 2022.

How was your week?  I've read some of your blogs and it sounds like many of you had a week filled with family, friends and creative projects.   The same was true here this week for me as well.  

Oh, I would also add food for me.  One was this steak.  We have raised our own here for years, but my friend Renee, is a professional.   S&R Angus is the name and click on the blue link to find out more about the farm and how you can purchase.  Our girls worked for her for years.  Now that it is just Al and I and most processing plants are booked 2 years out, we are just going to buy local.   Truthfully, her beef tastes the best!   


I forgot that I made herb butter and it was so good on the steak and potato.  

I guess, this sums up my thoughts here today on "can we skip to the good part?"  Do you all know that song?  It's used on clips for Instagram reels and TikTok.  Basically, the video shows something that is in a beginning state and then the songs plays and the video jumps to the end.  

So, we could raise our own beef, but - "can we skip to the good part?"

I said this phrase a couple times this week.  

We are working on an estate, we are on the "not fun for us stuff, tools (wink)" - I said to Lisa, "can we skip to the good part?"

I am getting excited for spring, but we are still in -degrees, snow and February.  I walked out in my greenhouse and said - "can we skip to the good part?"

Digging for inventory for the antique show, talking with my friend I said - "can we skip to the good part?"

Walking around boxes of sold lots in several rooms of my house thinking about loading up and meeting with customers, I thought - "can we skip to the good part?"

Thinking about setting up my studio/shop for a sale here and all that work! I said to my daughter - "can we skip to the good part?"

Working on weight loss and exercise (wink, wink) - "can we skip to the good part?"

Here is the link to the song on youtube:  Can we skip to the good part?

As I am typing this this morning, the radio on in the background, I could think this as well...."And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet" Matt. 24:6 - "Can we skip to the good part?"

Blessing from Ringle, Wisconsin.  





6 comments:

  1. I have not heard that song before...then again, I don't go near TikTok and am newish to IG...and don't watch reels there. But, I am very familiar with the desire often to skip to the good part LOL. I keep trying to balance that desire with the wisdom of not wishing my life away and so try to "enjoy the journey"....but all journeys simply are not enjoyable and yet must be taken. Have a good weekend...I have no doubt you and Al will be eating well. 🤣 ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to think of the journey too. But, truth said..."all journeys simply are not enjoyable" I love that! Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. IMG I have so many things I wish I could skip to the good part. Yum on the steak. When my kids were little, my parents and I and my brother would purchase a cow and a pig; split the cost and the meat was always so good. Herb butter makes it even more mouth watering! Have a great weekend my friend! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the flavor is so much better! Tastes like what is supposed to taste like. Yes, now that I remembered the herb butter, it may not last long...ahhaah

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness that steak looks so delicious, I am just thinking I wish I could skip to the good part and join you for that tasty feast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts always make me think and smile. There are several times this week when I wished I could skip to the good part. Sometimes though I think the journey through makes those good parts all the sweeter!

    ReplyDelete